embarrasing | Teen Ink

embarrasing

September 13, 2009
By noahgc BRONZE, Park City, Utah
noahgc BRONZE, Park City, Utah
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I’ll tell you an embarrassing story. To be honest, it’s not the best but… I think it’ll work.

A little while ago… actually, about 3 years ago when I was 10… I lived in Florida, (Boca Raton, Florida to be exact). I lived in this little neighborhood called Hidden Lakes. Now, on this particular day I felt like I needed to do something. I felt like I needed to do something bad.

I was over at my friend’s house watching an old tv show. (Don’t ask me which one because, frankly, I don’t know.) Her mom was making ham and cheese sandwiches that smelled like heaven. (Actually, she toasted them so it was heaven times two.) But anyway, like I said before, I had this adventurous feeling. So, I left her house and walked around a little bit. I remember the smell of the bouganvillas and the hedges. It was quiet and the wind was blowing… an overall really nice day.

Then out of nowhere, I hear the motor of a lawn mower, starting up and stopping, starting up and stopping… until finally, it started for good. I was bored, so I looked over to the house next to it. Turns out there were a lot of rocks on the ground. So, I started tossing the rocks up and over the roof into this other guys back yard. I’m doing this for about 5 minutes when all of a sudden, I hear this motor stalling… then a really big “OUCH!”

Turns out that while I was throwing the rocks up and over the roof, they were landing in the other dudes back yard. And from how much pain it sounded like he was in, I’m guessing the lawn mower got a rock and shot it right at him. Where it hit him, I don’t really want to know. But out of nowhere this large, pot-bellied man comes out and starts screaming at me. I was really embarrassed so I did what any scared 10 year old would do… I booked!