Caught Red Handed | Teen Ink

Caught Red Handed

September 27, 2019
By Emanisteezery SILVER, Sacramento, California
Emanisteezery SILVER, Sacramento, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love recognizes no barriers" -Maya Angelo


Saturday night my mom dropped me off at my friend kailyn’s house and when she dropped me off she said “I’ll see you Sunday don’t do anything you shouldn’t be doing.” 


When I got to her house It was already 10:am so the day was already over. We watched movies and ate until about 12:00 am kailyn says “ let’s pull an all nighter” so we stayed up till 3:00 am. This boy Micheal facetimed me and was like “lets link” at first me and my friend looked at each other like “are they serious it’s 3 in the morning. 


So finally kailyn says “we might as well just go because we not doing anything anyway.”


The four boys got an uber to the apartments. At first I didn't care about getting caught I just liked the adrenaline Kailyn says the craziest thing she says “ lets jump off the balcony because the door is way to loud it’s gone wake my mom up. I looked at her and said “Wtf i’m not jumping off no balcony.”  


Kailyn says ̈I will jump first if your scared. So she jumps and when she touched the bottom she quietly yells ̈̈jump and I will catch you.¨ So I was sitting on the balcony and all I could think was I'm going to break my leg so I slide  down to where I was holding onto the balcony for my dear life. 


I softly started yelling ̈catch me  I can ́t reach. So I finally couldn ́t hold on anymore andI dropped  luckily she caught me but we both fell in the mud. 


We walked to the front of the apartments and the boys yelled “Finally you came.”  By now it’s probably 3 almost 4 in the morning. 


Me, Kailyn, Micheal, Mizay, Otha, And Ronnie all walked around the apartments. They decided that it was getting late so they left. Me and Kailyn started walking back when we noticed the house lights were on. At this point we both knew we were caught. 


We walked In the house and her mom starts screaming “WHERE WAS YALL AT DO YALL KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT.” Eventually she stops screaming and she called my mom like no joke my mom came in like .5 seconds. I couldn’t go to kailyn house for like a week. I learned my lesson and will NOT sneak out EVER again.


The author's comments:

One thing that inspried me to write about this exprience was that when i got caught my mom stopped trusting me and my moms trust is EVERYTHING to me.