Positive/Negative Life Graph | Teen Ink

Positive/Negative Life Graph

By jack_led11 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
jack_led11 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

For my large item in my portfolio, I decided to choose my Positive / Negative Life Graph. The reason that I decided to choose this piece is because I thought it was an interesting topic. I have also had lots of ups and downs throughout my freshman year. The ten points on my graph are as follows: start of the football season, Homecoming, cold weather, end of the football season, my leg injury, Christmas, my trip to Florida, me being able to walk normally again, State testing, and finally Spring Break. While most of the points on my graph are positive, I did have some negative points as well.

The first point on my graph is the beginning of the football season, and it is a high positive point. The reason it is so high is because football is my favorite sport by far, and I just enjoy it so much. Football, in my opinion, is the most exciting to watch, and the most exciting to play. The next point on my graph was Homecoming. This was another high point on my graph because of how fun it was. At homecoming, I went with a group of 5 other friends and stayed at ones house after. It was a lot of fun. After Homecoming, I decided to put the start of cold weather. The reason I decided to put this there is because Winter is my favorite season. I love the snow, and I just generally like the cold weather. I also like to snowboard, which shows up again a few points later. After cold weather, The football season ended, which was my first low point in my graph. After the football season ended though is when I really hit rock bottom of my year. My leg injury. It happened while I was snowboarding, and didn’t feel as bad as it really was. From there, I was in a wheelchair for at least a month, which wasn’t very fun. After my injury though, my year was alright because of Christmas, my trip to Florida, and eventually getting to walk (almost) normally again. The last two points were state testing, which wasn’t fun, and finally spring break. Overall, I liked how my year went, but there were definitely some low, low points in there.