My Obsession With Fortnite | Teen Ink

My Obsession With Fortnite

May 15, 2019
By mazoka04 SILVER, Tirana, Other
mazoka04 SILVER, Tirana, Other
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I had been waiting 168 hours for the weekend to come and there was exactly one hour left until I could go back home and finally play Fortnite and spend some "quality" time talking to my friends in Egypt. As soon as the minute hand of the clock in Geography class hit 15, I packed my bag and rushed out the to the car. The moment I arrived home, I already knew that there was no one there because there wasn’t any sound. I threw my bag on the floor, rushed up to the living room and turned on both the PS4 and the T.V. Then I spent around ten minutes talking to my friends Mohamed, Yassin, another Mohamed, and another Mohamed asking them if they all wanted to play. They all happily agreed, assuring me that they would never win with me on their team.

My friends were mainly playing to have fun, but not me, I was playing to win. One of the rounds we were playing, they managed to reach halfway through the game, but they all died as soon as they said,"We are gonna play aggressively now." The only one left in the end was me...obviously. I was simultaneously happy and nervous that I was the only one alive in the game. I had to win it so that I could show my friends how good I was at it.

I got halfway through the game and there were fifteen out of one hundred players left. My friend Mohamed kept telling me in my ear over the headphones, "You are such a bad player and you suck at it, there is no way on earth you're gonna survive till the end."

I replied angrily: "You couldn't do half of what I did!"

Then Mohamed answered,"That's not true Mazen. You're just lucky today, that's all. "

Thirty minutes later, all my friends had left the game, and I was the only one committed to finish off and win.

Everything started to spice up a little, people started to spectate me and finally there was one person left and I started screaming so loud that my heart was dancing. There was only one player left, and I was confident I was going to win. As I tried to approach my opponent with a shotgun, the other person hit me with a rocket launcher and I eventually "died". After this situation I didn't play with any of my friends, all I did was practice, practice, and practice. I knew I would get "revenge" one day.

Three months later, that revenge day finally came, I texted my four friends to play against me, and they all knew I was going to lose so they all agreed. When the 1v1's started, I was far beyond good, they couldn't even shoot me once. They even thought that someone was playing for me because of how good I was at building on combat pro. The epic moment came, and I was finally getting revenge and beating them an infinite amount of times. You should always remember something: practice makes perfection.