The Monster | Teen Ink

The Monster

By mt138909 BRONZE, Hemet, California
mt138909 BRONZE, Hemet, California

It was a dark and stormy night when a monster grabbed her by the arm and swing her to her feet knocking the wind out her as she hit the could gray floor…..got your attention? Okay good…. Now, in reality, it's not dark n stormy it's actually pretty warm with 70-degree weather,flowers blooming, and anything else you would expect in Southern California. Although there is a monster ( not the kind you'd think ) and a young girl named Hailey.

It all started on Halley's first day of High school she was met by the traditional hellos of the teachers and staff, the welcome back posters touching the high ceilings of the cafeteria, and a handful of students in bright neon blue shirts greeting her peers and offering to show them to class. Remember that monster yeah….. she has a name, Katherine Eswealled the third. She isn’t actually the third she just says it is because she is a “ royal decedent” and she was supposed to be queen already but she didn’t want to. She wore black thick lipstick with short shorts and a small crop top and skull earrings although they were hard to see across her long dark hair. She was skinny but not your typical skinny, she was the type of skinny where it looked as if she could break if she leans too far back. Why was she a monster? Because she was everyone’s worst fear yet something everyone wanted to be. Everybody wanted to be her have her body her makeup even her dark long hair. Unlike her Haley was short, had short curly hair and an apple shaped body, because of this she was picked on and targeted by Katherine.

Hailey followed on the students with the bright neon blue shirts to her first class, Mrs. Peach. As her bright sneakers stepped on the soft classroom carpet a sudden chill ran by her back it was Katherine. The English class followed a 50min introduction of the teacher going across the syllabus as Hailey stepped forward to walk to her next class she was met by a sudden kick and unsuspectingly next thing she knew she was on the floor both knees and arms on the floor only to hear her whole class laugh but there was one specific laugh that was distinct than all the others it was as like a hyena mean and corse. All Hailey did was dust it off and keep walking. The end of the day came when something seemed off to Hayley. She felt strong yet hard to stand she was about to cry until she was met with someone beating her to it. Drop drop the tears feel but not from Hailey they were from the monster. She found her crying in the corner. “What are you looking at?”,she said. Hailey opened her arms gently and wrapped them around Katherine. Nothing moved not even to the fluffy clouds to the small tiny bugs.