A Weighted Resolution | Teen Ink

A Weighted Resolution

By Jared-son BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Jared-son BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Last year as a sophomore, I had gone to the gym over summer break and became the healthiest and leanest I have ever been. I felt amazing and so confident. The feeling a person gets when they’re in the shape of their lives is almost unrealistic, and I say unrealistic because of how hard it is to maintain this perfect zone. Currently I am 140 pounds and 5’7”. My goal for 2019 is to be in the range of 130-140 with less fat than I have at the moment.

The steps I am willing to take to achieve this goal are going to be to first cut off all of my week-day fast food purchases. Not only will this help me lose weight, but will also improve my money saving. Most of the money I make goes to fast food. This is a serious issue for me because the food is so rapid and easy to obtain, and even though the food is delicious, I know it’s unhealthy. I honestly spend somewhere around $200 a month on fast food, which is seriously a problem.

The next step I am willing to take to in order to reach my New Year’s resolution is to sign up for a gym near me. The best way for me to exercise is by going to a gym that provides all of the necessary tools to lose weight, and gain muscle. Higher confidence in myself will be the result of losing the fat, and gaining the leanness. Self-esteem is very important to me because I believe that a person’s actions depend on how they feel on the inside. Looking good is crucial for most teens my age due to the fact of social judgement. Bullying is disgusting, especially when someone talks down to another peer because of how they look, or for what clothes they own. No one knows what others go through, and what their family’s financial state is.

Back to the topic. The next step I plan on taking is to have my family and close friends give me the confidence boost and energy I won’t have on my own. Having someone on my side during a process like this is vital for my success because I like feeling seen and having someone tell me that I’m doing it correctly.

The last step I need to take to reach my goal, is to be consistent with my workout routines. That means going to the gym on a daily basis, and doing a minimum workout of an hour. The hour is designed to implement all of the exercises that I plan on performing that day in order to get the best workout for the targeted zones. Steps lead someone to the top, so by going one by one, one will eventually reach the top and feel like effort was worth it. By this time next year, I hope my body, and confidence reaches the extent I plan on taking it.