Hit and Run | Teen Ink

Hit and Run

October 5, 2018
By MasiTeenink SILVER, Sacramento, California
MasiTeenink SILVER, Sacramento, California
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough. -Oprah Winfrey


“I’m sorry bro I didn’t mean to I just wanted to ride the bobsled please dude i’m sorry”

this my dumb 6 year old self saying an apology after I gave another kid the taste of a wine opener, mistakes are lessons your supposed to learn from after you make it, see that didn’t make sense to me, at that time I was living in my own little world until one mistake that changed my mind after that.

 There I was standing still outside in our snowed neighborhood street in Afghanistan with a wine opener and some blood dripping from it and, then sprinting as fast as I could with all the adrenaline rush inside me running towards the house the safest place I can think of.


“Mommy can I go outside to play in the snow”? Hoping that she is gonna say yes.

She replied  ”sure but be safe and don’t go too far”. As I went to the other room to see my sister  if she wants go outside to play I say “Hey do you wanna go to play in the snow today?” thinking positively she gonna say yes,”No sorry I am decorating my dolls maybe later” she says

“Fine you're gonna miss out” I say walking away a little sad and disappointed. So as I am going out I take my dad’s wine opener  to make holes and destroy ice with it ,about twenty minutes or so I played around and got bored by myself then I see these four kids who are going over the hill bobsledding down and going back up again.

As I am going towards them and walking slowly with my wine opener in my pocket I felt pretty hard and thinking I was really strong so I ask them “Yo hey kid let ride that bobsled right now” I say without thinking through it for the best approach.One of the kids replied and said “No dude who the hell do you think you are!”,I stayed quiet and then took out the wine opener out of my pocket as I take a step towards the kid that’s sitting on the bobsled and swinging my right hand holding the wine opener as hard as I could, I could feel the septum(bone) of his nose in contact with the wine opener “OOOOUCH dude wtf *Starts to cry* “I’m sorry bro I didn’t mean to I just wanted to ride the bobsled please dude i'm sorry you made me angry” I said standing there scared shitless about what’s to come.

I see one of his friends running to his dad's house to tell on me and, the next thing I run as fast as can to my home that’s two blocks away from theirs,once I arrive I immediately slam the door hard and tight and my sister is outside with her dolls now and she says “Masi stop hitting the door hard your gonna break it then i’m going to tell” I reply with “sorry I gotta go inside”

After five minutes later there’s a loud knock on the door “Boom Boom Boom” I can hear it  all the way from the top floor of the house, my sister was going to get the door I quickly ran down and tell her and “Stop don’t open it don’t open it’ I say ”Your not gonna tell me what to do I’m older than you” she goes for the door and I don’t reply and stay silent she puts her hand and opens it and “POW” to my sisters face her face turns red and shocked, his dad standing tall and mean right in front of our door, then my dad comes and tells me to apologize to his son, and talks to his dad about how we're young and dumb so I later apologized and became friends and started to play together,and that's is one of my most memorable mistakes I'll continue to remember.

What I learned from it is to be kind and ask for things kindly especially when its not yours and overall being a better person and evolving from giving in to the “easy” method, approaching situations better and thinking what choices do I have here and there overall I took a lot from that mistake and it made me a better person as a whole in my life.  


The author's comments:

This is one of the best mistakes I ever made to be honest and i can still feel the moment