William Christopher Hunt, a human victim of 9/11 | Teen Ink

William Christopher Hunt, a human victim of 9/11

By TheEukaryote17 PLATINUM, Hull, Massachusetts
TheEukaryote17 PLATINUM, Hull, Massachusetts

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” - MLK

Today at my high school in New England, speakers came in to tell their stories of the events of 9/11. A woman named Dianne came in to speak about her son, William Christopher Hunt. He was murder on 9/11. I’ve not and I will never meet him, but his mother, Dianne, left an impression on me. This man was her son. He was 32 years old working at the south tower. He had thoughts. He had a family, his mother, wife, and daughter. He was an individual. He was real. William Christopher Hunt lived a real life with ambitions and dreams and love. He spoke words. He knew people. I had never considered the attack in that way. If anyone has ever experienced a lose, they can relate to Dianne and William’s family. Imagine if the lost loved one that you may have, was forgotten. Imagine if they were a name on a plate in a city. Don’t let that happen. Remember the people and their names. Remember someone, anyone, from 9/11.

William christopher Hunt is more than just a name. He was an individual who was murdered by terrorists’ hate.

legacy.com/sept11/story.aspx?personid=103350

I wrote this 8 months ago but never published it. He deserves to be remembered. No one deserves to be forgotten like that. Find your own name from the 9/11 website, and learn about them. Bring their memory back in a way, let them be more than just a name, let them be human.