Why 'A' Graders End Up Working For 'C' Graders | Teen Ink

Why 'A' Graders End Up Working For 'C' Graders

August 10, 2018
By ArushiArora BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
ArushiArora BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The title of the post is actually inspired from the book 'Why "A" Students work for "C" Students' by Robert Kiyosaki. When I read it, I ended up with a lot of insecurities about my future. I have been a straight A student myself and always believed that I would have a bright future. But things seem different now. The fact that the essentially 'smart' students just end up as employees in companies owned by the 'back-benchers' is more true than can be imagined.

I believe that one of the major reasons behind this is our education system. We are taught to think in a particular manner, to work in a specific way, to learn, and to memorise; but never to question. The only purpose of schooling is to make us good 'workers'. And the fact that the education system has remained stagnant for the past century, even though the rest of the world has gone from a typewriter to a super computer, clearly shows that the demand for an ideal worker has not changed with time and that is what schools and colleges aim to produce. According to me, the only difference between an 'A' grader and a 'C' grader is that the former can easily mould his thoughts into suiting the needs of the society, whereas the latter cannot. A 'C' grader would question, inquire, interrogate, and show curiosity whereas an 'A' grader would just accept the way things are and memorise it the way the school demands. That is why those who fail in school tend to have higher levels of creativity, imagination, and most importantly, ideas unrestricted by our education system. On the other hand, the intelligent students just end up imagining life to be as idealistic as possible- getting a job, owning a house, buying a car, etc. The schooling system makes them equivalent to robots without any thoughts and beliefs of their own, constantly thinking and working the way the society wants them to. 

Since 'C' graders have failed so often in their lives, they eventually become immune to it. Every new business venture and entrepreneurship requires an out-of-the-box idea in order to become successful. And only those with unrestricted ideas and immunity to failure can make it happen. That is the reason why all the major managerial positions and ownership in ultra-successful companies are held by 'C' graders. The 'A' graders, who never faced failure in life, are too afraid to take the risk of deviating from a 'normal' life. This establishes why they end up working in companies owned by 'C' graders.

What I can conclude from this is that children should not be pressurised for getting good grades. A child must be given the opportunity of finding his true potential and working towards that. A child must be encouraged to succeed in life, not just in school. Encouraging inquisitiveness, curiosity, and creativity in children will truly help them succeed in the long run. Steve Jobs failed high school but managed to leave his mark in the world by taking his company to greater heights. We too can truly succeed if only we allow ourselves a little creativity and curiosity. 

If you are an 'A' grader, you'll most likely have a safe and secure future. But is you are a 'C' grader, you are in luck. Your time to shine is going to arrive very soon!

 


 


The author's comments:

This article aims to provide a critical view of the present-day schooling system and to increase the self-esteem of those students who do not manage to do well in school. I was inspired to write this article after reading the book 'Why "A" Students work for "C" Students' by Robert Kiyosaki. From this article, I hope that people learn to not only acknowledge the importance of good grades in life, but also leadership skills, creativity, curiosity, and inquisitiveness.