Snuck In | Teen Ink

Snuck In

March 2, 2018
By Nicolas-K SILVER, Tirana , Other
Nicolas-K SILVER, Tirana , Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm so good at sleeping, I can do it with my eyes closed.


My favorite music group, Mana, was coming to Bolivia for a concert. This was the first time they came to Bolivia and probably the last. All I wanted was to see them but getting tickets for the concert was virtually impossible. I tried everything to get my hands on a ticket but they were all sold out. I could have easily given up, but I wasn’t a quitter. I knew that they were staying in Bolivia for a few days so I looked for another way to meet them. After doing some research, I found that they were going to give a press conference at a hotel close to my house. I knew that if I was going to meet them, it would have to be at the press conference but I also knew that getting in would be hard to get into the press conference. I had to make a plan.


When the day of the press conference came, I was ready. I had spent the last few days coming up with a plan that I knew would work. The plan was simple. All I had to do was make a fake name tag and say that I worked for a made up radio station. I would also be dressed formally, and have a notebook in my hands in order to look like a real reporter. If I could get past security, I would then find a seat and pretend to take notes to seem more convincing. The plan seemed flawless. It had to work. I had thought of every detail but I still had a bit of doubt in my mind. “What if it didn’t work? What if security realized that I wasn’t a reporter?” I thought. I knew that if anything went wrong, I would lose my chance to see Mana.


I arrived at the hotel a few minutes before the press conference began. I knew that if my plan were to fail, it would be now. I walked up to the security guard and prepared for the worst.
“Hello young lady. I’m afraid that this is a press conference and it’s not open for fans,” claimed the security guard.


“Oh, no. I am not a fan. I am here to as a reporter to cover for my radio station,” I replied.
“Oh, okay. What radio station sent you?” asked the security guard.
“Um, I work for Star Station,” I replied, hoping the guard wouldn’t realize it was a fake station.
“Alright then, go on inside,” answered the guard.
I was in. I couldn’t believe I had made it. I quickly grabbed the first seat I could find and waited for the press conference to begin. When they came out and began the conference, I felt a huge sense of accomplishment. Right in front of me were my favorite music group who I had been listening to for years and the only reason I was there was because of my persistance. I sat quietly and watched the conference while pretending to take notes. When the press conference had ended, I thought of a way to meet them. I hurried through the crowd and saw them walking away. I quickly ran up to the band and stopped them.
“Hi. My name is Paola and I am a huge fan and I love all of your songs!” I exclaimed.
“Hello, Paola. It is very nice to meet you,” said one of the band members.
I couldn’t believe that I was actually meeting them! I wanted to spend some time talking with them but I knew that if I didn’t get out soon, I would get kicked out by security. I talked with them for a few minutes, took a picture, and ran out of the hotel and back home, glad that I hadn’t given up.