A Slow Disaster

"Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions. Oh, let's go back to the start."

The world spins in a kaleidoscope of frantic memories and disjointed dreams, as I try to remember every beautiful, silly, stupid, fascinating thing you've ever done.

All the places you've ever walked through ring with an eerie bell, and now every step I take rings back with a response, like a broken doorbell that when rung once, never stops.

I hear your voice in the mouths of every person you've ever spoken to, because even when your presence is temporary, it's permanent.

Everywhere I look, signs of you spring up until the line between reality and imagination is completely frayed. Sometimes I can't remember if you really said something or if I dreamt it. Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that a person such as you really exists.

Things come together as the night falls and for a moment, everything under the hazy sky seems to fit together like a starry puzzle. But then the sun rises, and you fall asleep, and the possibilities shatter all at once.

"You made a slow disaster out of me."

Song 1: The Scientist by Coldplay
Song 2: You Were a Kindness by The National