Here Today, Gone Tomorrow | Teen Ink

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

By GetBusynay BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
GetBusynay BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan

This narrative is about a day that changed my life dramatically. My Mother and Father was getting me and my siblings ready for school. Then my auntie ex-boyfriend asks my daddy to go to the store with him and our neighbor. They came back my auntie ex-boyfriend bought liquor. They both started drinking; we all were sitting outside my momma was doing me and my sister's hair.

The day was starting out perfect. My daddy and my auntie ex-boyfriend went down the street to our neighbor's house. Then, my auntie’s ex-boyfriend got into an argument with our neighbor and he hit our neighbor. The neighbor hit him and my daddy; then, my brother hit the neighbor and my neighbor ran into the house I got down there. He then came back outside with a gun and started shooting. I ran back home to call 911; my big brother and my daddy were running also.

This is when my life started to change My daddy got shot in the back, my brother got shot in the hand. Shawn got grazed when the paramedic got there. They checked everyone once they got my daddy into the ambulance. They said he wasn't breathing anymore, so they kept trying to get my big brother to get in the ambulance but he wouldn't unless they put my daddy in first. I didn’t feel nothing at first.

I was heartbroken at the end of the day. You can be here today and be gone tomorrow.

The pain of losing someone who you really love will be very hard to bare.