My World Stopped Spinning in March

I thought it would be safe to say words that sent shivers down my spine, my vertebrae shaking with what was left of the mumbles that tore off running across my lips. 

But it was never safe. 

And as I walked along the path we had once gone down, distant memories flashed over me quicker than lightning, and gone just as fast. 

I need to forget you. I must move forward, retrace my steps against this grainy sand. Grass never grew green, if it did at all. That is why I never understood the saying, "The grass is greener on the other side." Because I had never seen such a sight, my eyes were never blessed.

All I saw were his green eyes, and as they stared back, all they held was terror. But, I cannot bear another day with him. And I swear I feel bad, surely I do. That is why I let him go. Because I loved him. There was another saying. "If you love me let me go." And that is exactly what I had done. Because I did not want to hurt him, not once more. I am sorry it had ended so abruptly. 

Maybe one day you will understand, that the love in my heart is evergreen, with blossoms of flowers, that I had never seen. But they are inside my head, and if only you could see... The beauty that was you and me. 

And how I promise to never forget the look in your eyes as they gazed into mine. That, is love, and I am sorry I had grown apart from you, because you were the closest thing to perfect I had ever seen. And if you knew that, surely you'd see why I am using the very cliche saying, "It wasn't you, it was me."

bibliophile1018 said...
Apr. 21 at 11:48 am
I think you could use more detail, like expand on the story maybe? But I think its a really good piece. :)

Your_Apathetic_BasketcaseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 1 at 10:13 am
@bibliophile1018 I am so sorry about the super late response! Thank you for the feedback, I will take that into consideration next time, it means a lot to get feedback from someone, I hope you have a great day! :D

psychchic said...
Apr. 3 at 9:47 am
I love this piece. I think it is one of my favorites by you.

Apr. 3 at 9:49 am
@psychchic Thank you Izzy, I love you best friend. I can't wait to read some by you on here. I hope you write on teen ink, because you are an amazing writer. xoxoxo, Love Katie.

psychchic replied...
Apr. 3 at 9:50 am
Thanks babe. So are you. I love you :*