A wonderful new life | Teen Ink

A wonderful new life

My life started when I was born, of course. I was born 11/9 in Nashville Tennessee by Heather, my mom, and David, my dad, but also my Uncle. So my Uncle is my dad. Yes, Heather and David are brother and sister. It's weird. Heather and George my step Uncle dad also her brother “raised me” until I was 18 months old. Heather my birth mom was a foster child of my adopted parents she had a rough life. She didn’t know how to take care of a baby because she had me when she was 18 and David was 16. She was abusive, a druggie and she drank. She lost me to DSS I think its called. She asked my adopted mom Shirley to take me and help her get me back so she took me but, after that I never seen Heather again.

My mom Shirley “adopted me” the reason I put quotes on it is I have lived with her since I was 18 months but we never really got the adoption done because the court kind of messed it up but I still consider Shirley my mom and I call her mom. I write letters to my birth mom Heather but that is as far as the communication can go. Heather never really tells the truth and when she promises to do something she never does it. My mom Shirley and I go to counseling to talk about it because what Heather writes is confusing to me and I have heard it different so I get confused. So we have been doing better since we have been going to counseling.

This is an important topic to me because I have a wonderful family and even though I don’t remember My birth mom Heather, I would rather just live with the family that actually wanted me then go back to one that is not safe. My mom, Shirley, told me I would not have survived if I lived with my birth mom because of who she is and what she does and doesn’t do. I am biologically the oldest of 7 but my birth mom only has her 3 youngest and she has been in jail. Right now she lives in memphis Tennessee and she does have a warrant out for her arrest for not paying child support for me all of these years. She just started writing me 3 years ago when I was almost.

She wants me to come back to live with her so she can run the streets and I can babysit her kids and she wants another kid from me. She want’s all of her kids back. I told her the truth and said sorry but I am not able to have any kids because I have turner syndrome which is a growth and hormone problem. She was on the Jerry Springer show because she did have me with her brother and if you are reading this and want to watch it go on youtube and type jerry springer 1998 family affairs Heather, David, George and my biological grandma that has died are all on there. The only people I know from my biological family is my Uncle Jim and Aunt Vickie and they spoil me a lot. The point about this is I have a wonderful family my adopted dad died when I was nine I still remember him but my adopted mom is still alive I have a brother Mark that my adopted mom had and he picks on me all the time but that's what brothers and sisters are supposed to do he has a daughter my niece Denise and she is just like a little sister to me and her mom which is Mark's girlfriend is my sister in law and I love her like an older sister. So I have a wonderful,amazing and awesome family and I wouldn’t change it for the world.

What inspired me to write this is I thought it was entertaining for people to read and interesting and I just know I have a wonderful new family.