Jay Peak | Teen Ink

Jay Peak

By Ketchup_Heintz BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island
Ketchup_Heintz BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island

It  was 12 degrees fahrenheit. I was almost in Canada, in a place called jay peak, in Jay, Vermont. only 15 minutes from the border to Canada. I was with my Mom, Dad, Brother, and my friend’s family. Jay peak is about 5 hours from my house in Providence. When my family got to Jay Peak, we stayed in a hotel, having  arrived at 9 pm. In the morning we all meet up and went to ski for 5 hours, but my mom does not ski so she stayed in the hotel room she thought she was lucky. We would of skied longer if it was not so cold which is unusual for us. We do not like to skip skiing, but it was too cold even for us. When we got back we had a snack and went to the waterpark inside the hotel.

The waterpark had at least ten rides it was amazing. Plus they had a lazy river which was TALL and LONG. Also they had this board that you could go on and balance on while you were on water,  That was my favorite.

We stayed there for 4 days day: before Christmas, Christmas eve, Christmas, and the day after Christmas. On Christmas my family went of to where my friend’s family were staying and we celebrated Christmas. We exchanged presents and had a great time. My family gives presents on Christmas eve because my dad is german and his family’s tradition is to give presents on Christmas eve, but this year we gave it on Christmas day.

I am a good skier because I learned in the alps to ski where all the trails are two times harder the trails then the trails in America, my friend is as good a skier as I so we go in the woods and go down double black diamonds.

I wish I could go back there but we always go to Germany for Christmas. It was one of the best Christmas’ ever.