Equality | Teen Ink

Equality

I remember I was scared. I was going to join the soccer team. I thought people would judge me for how fat i was. Also for how slow i was running. I was ashamed. The soccer team is a team of different race and different levels of smartness. Some of the girls in the soccer team play better that others and are faster and stronger. Some can last loner running. I dont think its a difference. The Coach treats everyone in the team with equality. He made try outs a week long so everyone can have the opportunity to go and show their best. Thats how the Coach made the teams. There are different type of race in each team. That shows the Coach is treating the teams with equality. The Coach gives everyone a chance to be a leader in the team. He gives all the girls the opportunity to pick the position they want to play. If one of the girls mess up, they have the chance to get on their feet and try again in till they get it right. I remember one time I fell while running and Coach Lara told me "Girl get up. They are going to beat you!" Then he laugh. I responded to him and said "Yes Coach I got goals in this team that i want to be able to reach." I then got up and kept running. He really pushes me to do my very best. He does the same with the whole team. The Coach gives all the girls in the team the opportunity to try their best.We all get the same rights. All of us can trust the Coach with anything. We all have the opportunity to try out and make it in a team. The soccer girls unite as a team and work together with equality to score and win.Thats how i relate to equality. With my soccer team.

i am a part of my school's soccer team.