The Weekend | Teen Ink

The Weekend

December 15, 2015
By PFDFIREFIGHTER BRONZE, Columbia, South Carolina
PFDFIREFIGHTER BRONZE, Columbia, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The date was November 22 when my mom took me to a Clemson football game last year we had a blast it was a part of a early birthday present. Clemson was playing Georgia State at Clemson. The good part was we had great seats. The seats we had was 3 rows from the field. I loved just being near the stadium seeing all those people that was like me and that was the love of Clemson and Clemson football. I loved the feel of Howard’s rock under my hand when I rubbed the rock. The players I talked to they made me feel like I was one of them. I loved how Clemson’s ROTC program made me feel so welcomed by putting me on my face to do push ups with them.The people I was sitting by made sure I felt welcome at the Frank Howard field. I loved the feel in Death Valley when the Clemson Tigers football players rubbed the rock and ran down the hill. I enjoyed hearing the loudness and feeling like there was thunder in the stadium when Clemson scored a touchdown. I have friends that go to Clemson so we hung out with them and met some of the football players. Then we walked around campus some and then we went over to Jessica’s house then rode to this really good diner called Paw’s they had great food and good prices.


Then from they took us back to our car and my mom and I rode up to North Carolina. We stayed in a town called Highlands at Highlands inn. We woke up rode around Highlands then we rode up to Cherokee North Carolina. When we got to Cherokee we looked at the mountains and then I happen to see this place with a helicopter and saw a sign that read helicopter rides. I don’t know how I did it but I talked my mom into stopping and we walked in, talked to the guy. Well while she was pulling out the money I was getting the evil look and somehow or another I talked her into getting in a helicopter. Which the pilot Van let me ride co-pilot while my sweet mother was in the back seat. Now I will be honest with you while we are telling the truth I have a fear of heights. After 8 minutes of radio traffic between the pilot and I and a fly over the Great Smoky Mountains it was over. Now it was shopping and a long ride back home but I didn’t want to leave I had too much fun and didn’t want it to end.


The author's comments:

This happened last year when my mom took me to Clemson South Carolina as apart of my early birthday gift