Anne Frank: Her Life Before and After | Teen Ink

Anne Frank: Her Life Before and After

By Nicolas Ghandour BRONZE, Roquefort Les Pins, Other
Nicolas Ghandour BRONZE, Roquefort Les Pins, Other

Anne's life deeply changed when war started. And it's interesting to compare how she transformed her everyday life, and how she reacted to continue to live.

Before the war, she was living in a beautiful house with all her family.She had a big bedroom for herself, hot water all the time, a living room with a television post. She had a garden with lots of flowers and a cat. She was studying in a magnificent private school for Jews. She often practiced sport, bicycle, walking, and different physical activities. She had lots of friends and people to talk to and have fun with.

But when the war occured, she had to mov to a little place named the Annex next to her father's working place. From the first step she made in the Annex, she changed her environment radically. She hadn't got any more comfort elements to please her life. The Annex had nothing to do with her old and beautiful former house. Everyday's life was totally transformed.  The living space was reduced. The life rythms obviously changed and she decided to write down her diary. This was a new ritual settled in her life that helped her to continue living and go on in life. At the same time she was growing as an adolescent and her way to consider life evolved. She became less temperamental maybe according that she was living in danger.

I was amazed to see how a girl who was as old as I am now could positively react and organize her everyday's life in such a dangerous war situation. She managed to continue living like in a sort of jail without feeling depressed. Even bombs were exploding near her, guns fired around, she still had the hope of living during the apocalypse. And this is really brave what she did. She even had a decent life in the Annex and was able to laugh. That shows that she is advancing in her life, not staying on the bad things but trying to find a solution. This is considered from my point of view as a heroic act. She was the single one in the Annex to go on, to progress. Event the parents and adults were afraid. She was the youngest and the most courageous. And it seemed that war affected her less and less during the time she was in the Annex. I would even say that for her, war seemed superficial.

Anne Frank's diary tells us the story of a family during war, that is and extremely stressful situation. Surrounded by her family, the youngest, Anne Frank, was the one that acted the most maturely during this period of danger. She hoped more than everyone and  was thinking about the future. She was able to invent by herself a new life. So I should say that war was nothing as powerful as her attitude. Anne Frank's life is an example for everyone in a critical situation to have the deep force to fight and overcome terrible events.

My human trait is hope.