I Love Being a Minimalist | Teen Ink

I Love Being a Minimalist

March 25, 2015
By bzimmerman BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
bzimmerman BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Some people call me a minimalist because I procrastinate and do the least amount of work to pass.  I don’t think my minimalistic habits are what anger people I think that it is my tendency to do the bare minimum and expect full credit, but I question why I never receive full credit.  I do all the requirements to the “T” but no more than required.  Does that make me a minimalist? I shouldn’t have to go above and beyond the A to get the best grade.  I don’t consider my habits to be minimalistic or lazy.  I consider myself very time oriented.  I shouldn’t have to waste my precious time on over achieving to receive a grade that when I graduate and reach the real world or even collage wont even matter.  If that makes me a minimalist then I accept the title.  People in high school think that they matter so much.  The way I see it if I still remember the people in my high school when I’m 25 I paid way to much attention to them and wasted a lot of precious space in my memory on them.  In my very skewed opinion high school is a waste of a quarter of every child’s life. I can honestly say that I have learned nothing in high school.  High school is just a massive review of what we learned in middle school and elementary.  These four years are just over the bare minimum of what education should be so that’s probably the reason I dislike them so greatly.  In conclusion I am a minimalist and I only wrote this article to get one of those aforementioned grades that matter so much. So in conclusion I am a minimalist and I am very proud of it.


The author's comments:

Something nice for all so-called minimalist