snick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I like the feel. snick snick. I like the sound. snick snick. A small button and my key flips out – snick – and I can pretend it’s a pocketknife. I can pretend it will lock in the guts of the one who would try to make me feel small. snick snick. I am the giant and my claws are out. I can see the stars tonight and I walk unafraid.

snick

The key is flipping because I like it better in motion. When it is withdrawn I am naked I am panic I am a child I am prey, and when it’s flicked out I’m overwhelmed how small how weak how useless. It’s just a car key. But in the process of sliding, as ice floods my veins as I grit the moon in my teeth as metal carves the air, I can pretend. I am armed I am a giant I am all the things you can never take from me.

I walk down the street at night and feel eyes.

snick

ClueingForLooksThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this is really good!