Don't Say You Need Me | Teen Ink

Don't Say You Need Me

By MorganShan BRONZE, BINGHAMTON, New York
MorganShan BRONZE, BINGHAMTON, New York

"The ugly and the stupid have the best of it in this world. They can sit at their ease and gape at play. If they know nothing of victory, they are at least spared the knowledge of defeat." -Oscar Wilde

You leave and you leave again and that says a thousand things to me about your lips, your smile, about the way you make me feel, about every conversation, about everytime you've let me down. But what it screams at me is I can't let you come back again. I can't just brush off the last time you hurt me everytime you say you need me just for you to proceed to leave me repeatedly for someone else. The sad thing is you can't even argue that statement can you? It is because that is what has happened everytime. I've let you come back to pick up right where we left off before you left seeking out a new lover. You've left me in a million pieces a million times just to come back and put me back together; to do it all over again. It perplexes me when I think about it. Who puts so much effort into fixing just to destroy? How can someone be so cruel to devaste someone on purpose knowing exactly what they are doing someone they "care" about at that? It is so ruthless to cause someone so much heartache without a second thought and then just come back like nothing happened. I was so forgiving and willing to let you back in when I knew exactly what you did and exactly how it would end. How did I even let myself hope "this time it would be different" when everytime you proved me dead wrong? Why'd I give you the privledge to come back when I knew you were nothing but a destroyer that it would never be different that you would never be different. It made me look desperate but honestly maybe I was. Maybe I was desperate for you to love me back after 3 years of being the overing working end. All I ever wanted was for you to stay.