The Beauty of Remembering the Taken | Teen Ink

The Beauty of Remembering the Taken

By Literya BRONZE, Coral Springs, Florida
Literya BRONZE, Coral Springs, Florida

"People will be better than you in life, which should make you strive to be the best."

I think there's a hidden beauty in when something you love disappears. You hurt a lot, sure. Everyone does. But in the end... do you ever forget? Will you ever forget the memory of that person, animal or thing? Do you ever forget how you lost it, just as fast as you can remember how you first got it?

Do you think there's a reason that those valuable to us never leave our mind? That we always remember?

I do. It's because we aren't willing to forget. Because you want to remember those things that are valuable to you and want to remember that you loved them.

If you think about it... it makes sense.

Because you loved that thing, person or animal more than you realized. That's the hidden beauty in the things you love being taken. Even if it's cruel. 'Cause at the end of the day... you remember.

I was watching a show, where everyone had lost something, and they all remembered what they lost. And I found that what you love, if it's taken away forcefully, it leaves a bigger impact on yourself and you remember it even better. So really, it's more comforting to know, what was lost is always remembered....