A Spark in the Soul | Teen Ink

A Spark in the Soul

By Caity Cassidy SILVER, Des Plaines, Illinois
Caity Cassidy SILVER, Des Plaines, Illinois

And just like that, my world was on fire. Nothing would ever be the same from this point forward. It was so clear to me that everything before him was dull, and everything after him would be completely meaningless. For the first time in my life, I was truly alive. He brought me to life; and with this new found life came feelings that I’d never even dreamt of. I felt love; a love that ignited my soul and kicked my heart into over drive. A love that fueled hopes and dreams that I never planned on pursuing. He had me in every way there was. For him, I’d bleed myself dry. I’d give him the world if he asked for it. With this passion came fear; a fear that was embedded in my bones. I had this sickening feeling in my gut that I was going to lose him; that he’d leave my life and take everything with him. If he left, he’d take my smile, my laugh, my passion, my best friend, and my soul mate. He’d take it all, for he was my all. But I still loved him with everything I had. I loved him like there was no tomorrow, because I knew in my core that one day, there wouldn’t be.