Rocking Horse | Teen Ink

Rocking Horse

By JadeAlexandra05 BRONZE, Edmond, Oklahoma
JadeAlexandra05 BRONZE, Edmond, Oklahoma

Back and forth, back and forth, rocking, laughing and smiling. I still remember doing that ‘til this day. As I think about rocking on that horse always going the same direction but never actually caring about anything around me. Almost nothing could ruin my joy when rocking on that horse. Until I remembered the fun was over that one day, when suddenly she came around the corner full speed running, like a racecar. I could just hear her devil laugh as she gave me this sort of half smile, that half smile was all I needed to know that she was up to something, but what was she up too?

Who is this mysterious "she" that I’m referring to? Well that would be Jessika, my older sister. That day I was sitting there having a blast with the rocking horse, with no cares or worries in the world, just rocking back and forth. She started getting closer, but wait, Oh no! She wouldn’t even think of it. Now suddenly I’m stopped just staring at her with my head slightly cocked, trying to think of what her next move will be. The stare off would remind you of two professionals during a chess match, waiting in anticipation for the next move. I furled my eyebrows, and thought in my head "this is my rocking horse, NOT hers!" and she can't have it! As she started getting closer, my mouth dropped open as my two front teeth show, what I thought was so intimidating, but I don’t think she saw the seriousness of the matter. If she was to come any closer I would have sunk those two teeth right in her arm, I mean don’t you think that she deserves it? After all it was MY horse, not hers. Right as I opened my mouth ready to bite, with a devilish gleam in my eyes, there was high pitch squeal from the large couch in the living room that yelled "JADE!" hearing those words put fear into my eyes, knowing that I was about to get it. Then I heard "stop that, or you're going to get a spanking!" That was enough for me shut my mouth and to start the waterworks; I mean what kid actually wants to be spanked?

As the devilish gleam in my big brown eyes started to fade away, and my head hung in shame, I rolled off my horse, and on to the fluffy safe haven of carpet underneath me. Then as I looked up I could just see the victory in her eyes, the look of knowing that she had won! Then she started to climb on to the horse rocking back and forth, back and forth, snickering and laughing just rubbing it in. Knowing I had been beat, I gave her a look like it’s not over, we shall try this again tomorrow. Looking back on it now, I see that sharing was a great lesson to learn. After all it wasn’t even my horse. It was hers and she shared with me.

Hi, my names Jade! I had a lot of fun writing this piece, because I find it is a good example not only to share, but it has pretty good examples of imagery, and dialogue. My favorite form of writing wouldn’t be memoirs, but this one was definitely a fun one to write, so I hope you enjoy reading it :)