The American Lifestyle | Teen Ink

The American Lifestyle

By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois

Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self

Like Lennie and George in Of Mice & Men by John Steinbeck, I have the same dream of owning a house and living the “American Dream” getting it big in the automotive world and making something of myself. Aside from the fact they want to own a piece of land and grow a farm so that they can work for themselves, I just want to own my own automotive repair and restoration shop and just do what I love to do fix and recreate the golden age of cars.

Before the times of today when all cars are made to supply the masses and also look the same with a few modern modifications of the name of the different brand and the company that makes them. Back in the 1960’s and the 1970’s when the car was made to mean something too actually look and feel the right way and actually make a statement. Cars such as the AMC and the Mustangs of the late sixties. These such cars stood for the average working class man and family to own and make his own. Its the day in age that cars would actually express the diversity of the american family by what they owned. Today we call this retro because this line of thinking has died off and this saddens me to no extent.
I share the passion that these cars are diamonds in the rust and just want to bring them back to life. Bring back the culture of the early days when the dollar brought so much more to a person's self and image.

No I don't want a farm, I want to bring back a piece of history and just make the wrong right again and show these people of the 21st century breakdown and all the nonbelievers that these classic cars have ‘swag’ or class and just mean so much more than the cars of today that show you're exactly like the other human being next door to you with the blue Prius.

Following my other assignment if Of Mice & Men I wrote this as a side paper thinking it wouldn't mean much and I was encouraged to add it along side with my other papers as well. So I hope you enjoy this masterpiece lol.