The Rough Times | Teen Ink

The Rough Times

By CaptainSparklez BRONZE, Palmer, Alaska
CaptainSparklez BRONZE, Palmer, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"He chose his side, and I chose mine, God will decide who won"

It was 5th grade, I was the smartest kid in class, tied in first place with another student. There I was, just doing some 8th grade math when I heard the words whispered,...”tomato” then everyone started laughing. I was wearing a green shirt and red hair so they pretended to switch them around so i looked like a tomato. the person who started it was a mean girl named Haley. she was mean to me for years and i didn't like it at all. they insulted my hair color, my weight and my religious beliefs. I had thought of not ever leaving my house again, but my friend had me go to the counselors and I felt better. we brought the bullies in, they said”sorry”, but they still talked about me behind my back. even some of my good friends turned mean. they started to discriminate me and ignore me and switch to the other team when i joined theirs. Colony middle school says that they are bully free but the sad truth is that very good people with good grades and good and good intentions end up getting sucked up into all of that bad stuff and once go in you can't come out. I want colony to say that they are bully free but they can't. I am one of millions of young adults in america who are bullied and I don't like that. Nobody, not me or you, or anyone else Should have to suffer under the tyranny of bullies. I will become an emotional speaker who stands up against bullying and aggressive behavior. For all of the kids who are out there I say this, “don’t ignore it go tell someone you trust even if the bullies threaten you once you speak up there is nothing that they can do to hurt you the very special you.” the saying stick and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me is a lie. words hurt you a lot more than sticks and stones or anything ever could”. I hope that you people out there understand the kind of pain you are putting us through. the bullies need to stop. we can forgive you if you right your wrongs. I was called ginger, fatso fat***, chubby buttons and other names that are unthinkable. I have learned about christ the lord and savior and he got me through the hard times and gave me peace of mind. my church has supported me through this stuff and my youth pastor prayed over me to keep the bullies away and it did for a time, but not forever. Steve Carrier came to colony and made me feel better and i felt good about school. The worst came next. some of my friends are starting to discriminate me even complete strangers are hating me. i dont know why people dont like me but they don't so i am not going to care what they think.

remain strong, stand up, and don't care

The End

This is just the sad truth of bullying.