Started from the Bottom, Still Goin Hard | Teen Ink

Started from the Bottom, Still Goin Hard

By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois

Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self

My accomplishments are very few in the matter that i don't count a lot of things to be an accomplishment. In my own opinion i am only good at like four things drums, football, writing, and reading which none of them to me have any specific accomplishments. To my family on the other hand they think that anything i got into as a kid like, 4-H, music, sports and anything else i had accomplished something in that frame of time i spent of that subject.

To myself and my friends i wasn't very athletic in early jr.high i started football at 6th grade, and to say it nicely i was scrawny and was basically in my eyes the waterboy the first year of playing. Until after that following summer, i had hit a huge growth spurt, i then weighed 120 and was only 5’4 then over the summer thanks to my dad and his heavy outdoor projects on the house and the back yard i had grown to 5’8 and weighed 160. I was automatically given a spot on the offensive line as the starting left tackle. Now in those early days of football the only side of the ball i wanted to be on was defense, i loved to hit and hurt people. Pain was my gain it didn't really matter who it was whether it be my teammates or the other team as long as they were on the ground in pain i was satisfied, it was like that for the rest of the following years that i had decided to play. So all in all i guess my accomplishment for that sport was the idea that i could kill people and still do it while having fun.

Now music on the other hand was a majorly different story. In 6th grade i decided to join band because i knew that i couldn't sing, so in an effort to not sing i did percussion in the school band. I was an alright drummer at that time, just starting to learn the notes and things was an alright idea. Then as we started to get smaller as a band and got a new band teacher in 7th grade then i was moved to be the head snare drummer for the class, which i was okay with. Moving ahead on the idea that all the other percussionists are either good at the stuff that i am not good at or the idea that i'm the only one willing to do the parts that they aren't willing to do. Either way i was stuck doing the one job that everyone else didn't want to do. And with every aspect of the idea i kind of liked the way that i only could play the the instruments bass drum and snare drum. I sucked at playing bells because i couldn't remember the way that the notes went and how they lined up. Plus bells were for the sissies of the drumline and percussion parts of the band. Drums were so much easier because the grand of it all i loved the sound of the wood hitting the canvas of the drumhead. As the years progressed the High school days came and Freshmen through Sophomore year I did Marching band. Being a part of this major step to advancing my skills on the drums was tremendous to the young mind. I could look as fabulous as the band geeks like in the Ohio State band. The only catch was I had to give up a huge amount of weekends too do competitions and practises. I choose to skip Pep Band for the basketball games, in my mind I just had better stuff to do. After the trip to disney I had just given up being a part of the band and now all my music is solo work. So in the midst of it all my accomplishment in band was that i could actually be creative in something that other people appreciate.

Then comes video games. To me video games have become a huge part of my life since the day i bought my first playstation at a garage sale and started to use that to the end of the night and day when i was only like eight years old.Since then i have owned and played almost every new system that has been known to exist and tried my best to conquer them all. How can their be accomplishments in this you ask? You’ll never know the true feeling of beating a video game and seeing the end of it through and thinking to yourself that you have completed the war to end all wars, stopped the mafia boss from taking over New York City or just won the Superbowl for the fifth time in 5 years. Whether you see it like i do, video games have plenty of accomplishments and not just the playstation trophies or the microsoft awards that you get while completing a mission or a certain thing so many times.

The grand of it all given all these accomplishments, I like to think that these may seem like nothing major now but lets say twenty years from now hopefully with my kids and wife I can share these endeavors. Talk about the people I’ve meet and the things I’ve seen and done. And try to inspire the young minds of the offspring of Nizzy. It may seem like an overlooked idea but I find it something wonderful to look forward to.

This is my accomplishments memior, I have very few too actually award or be proud of but I hope this highlights the few I have too be proud of. I hope you guys enjoy it.