DJ Nizzy | Teen Ink

DJ Nizzy

By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois

Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self

What I want to be when I grow up. I have always had a passion for music, whether it is metal country or rap music has helped me through a lot of stuff. Many people seem to be taught to love their parent’s versions of music, what they grew up liking and listening to. As for myself my house consists of many genres of music, my dad’s genres of music is and always will be early rock and metal. He has left a huge impression on what I listen too most of the bands like Deep Purple, The Outlaws, and Judas Priest have been a huge impact on what I listen to now. Like the bands I have now Asking Alexandria, Atreyu and Slipknot has left a huge mark on my life and me being a drummer since I can remember. My dream job would have to be a music historian and producer. I have always loved music related stuff epically the games like Rockband and Guitar Hero, I own every single version and my music collection on my laptop desktop and cd and cassettes range from the thousands. I have always loved owning the cd and listening to it every free moment I am given I have my headphones on. I own almost three iPod touches just in case on breaks from overuse and I have a back up to use. It goes the same way with my headphones I always go to the store and buy the forty dollar skullcandys and always buy at least two pairs just in case I break them or lose them somehow.

I would love to be the next major music producer, even in today’s type of music pop and rap I can still see which I think is good and bad. I could be like Dr.Dre sells my own brand of headphones and still be famous for being a rapper and making a legend out of a slim shady. I would have to have the street smarts of the dealer and the musical strengths of the business. I wouldn’t want to do it for the money I would love to do it to be the next musical icon of the producing industry and still be good at the music itself.

Music too I and my family are like the blood that runs through our veins worse than football and sports in general. My dad was the first to start me on the music I listen to now all the classic metal and rock that was around in his day through the 1970’s and 1960’s, I took what I had from their like Zeppelin and Deep Purple and mixed with the music I had learned as a young boy in the 80’s and 90’s. Bands such as Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer , Motley Crue and Skid Row are all bands that my dad likes and despises at the same time, this is probably how I learned to hate the 80’s glam scene that was happening in that point in history for bands trying to become bands and insult the metal industry.

By the time I was around nine or ten, I was listening to the musical artistry of My Chemical Romance, Green Day, and Disturbed. My love for the punk and emo genre of music had grown and I had fallen in love with the short up tone beats of the music and was practicing how to do so on my own drum kit. I always look back on the bands and artists that I had looked up too and admired as role models in my life and thought I would love to become one of these famous people and make history like these few men and women have been able to do for me. This was my first thought as my dad had given me his “royal” to myself cassette collection. Being not able to afford an iPod at the time my dad went out to a closing store and bought me a cassette record, and cd player for my amusement because I was always bored with my headphones on he had given me this to keep me occupied. I found out later that is was also to keep me inside when there was an alleged child rapist in our neighborhood. For whatever reason he chose I am and always will be eternally grateful for buying me such an amazing piece of machinery and I had his legendary cassette collection for my own personal use. All the bands me and him shared the same love for Johnny Cash, AC/DC, Aerosmith, The Outlaws and Judas Priest. After becoming ecstatic with envy I rushed back to my room and would sit on my bed playing my playstation 2 with my records blaring out the walls of my room jamming out to songs like “Girls, Girls, Girls” and “Hell Bent For Leather” my dad would come back and give me a slap on the shoulder and sit there make fun of me on the game and jam to the music with me with a huge grin on his face.

I will never forget how much I love my dad for giving me the chances for being able to express myself in my music and my mom for being behind me all the way for every exploit I chose to endure like singing, the guitar phase and finally landing on the drums and sticking with it till this day. I leap at the chance to become one of the best musical producers and endorsers in the world, yes it will take a lot of effort and struggle but I will get through it with my family by my side.

A lot of kids today seem to think that a song leaves an impression on their lives; I believe that with all my heart and soul. Plenty of events that have happened in my life relate or I choose to relate them to songs I know. Whether it’s I think of my many ex girlfriends, best friends, or just people in my life that have left a great impression on my life I seem to label a song to fit their personality or style. For instance when I think of myself I always seem to think of “Duality” by Slipknot, the song itself is hard, fast and rough like a bullet from a gun times a million being shot into a moving train of cement. It resembles me I think because I like to live, breath and think fast moving from one thing to the next with plenty of times ahead of me. It’s been a rough and hurtful journey in my life story and music helps me with a lot of the pain, and sacrifice that goes into it. Me with my headphones in is like leaving a atomic bomb with a toddler, we are bound to go off at any second and you have no idea what is going to happen when you defuse it or happen to let it go off, it may turn out good or bad depending on the mood of the bomb.

I wrote this memoir too say my other job I'd love too be. I would love too be an DJ or a music historian. And for those of you who wonder what Nizzy isd, it's my nickname and I put it on everything. But aside from that I love all types of music but more specificlly Metal and Hardcore, and I thought I'd write a memior about it. I hope you enjoy.