Committed - I Am | Teen Ink

Committed - I Am

By MyWriteOrDie SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee
MyWriteOrDie SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee

I have done the impossible. When I was four years old, I found my purpose for living; it was titled The Flower Friends. My first "book" was so popular I went on to write four more installments, The Flower Friends 2, The Lawnmower aka Flower Friends 3, Return of the Lawnmower, and Wintertime for the Flower Friends. Mark Twain famously once said, "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." I barely remember mine.
Although I can hardly recall the inception of the five flimsy stapled paper "books," they changed my whole life. I have never altered my answer to the age old question of what do you want to do when you get older. Writing is all I want to do for the rest of my life. In the words of Charles Bukowski, "Find what you love and let it kill you." When I write, I am on an emotional roller coaster ride; I feel what my characters feel, think what they think, and sometimes say what they say.
In an effort to lose myself (and my completely mapped out life) I do it all. I want to go everywhere and see everything. Any experience is a teaching one and another situation I can put to paper. I write something everyday whether its one line of complete nonsense or a full essay like this. If I couldn't write, I wouldn't be all right.

Here is my answer, I thought about it and I want to give 110%