Do I Know You? This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

You knew I was waiting for you in the frigid, pouring rain, on that one night. You knew I was hurt inside from the minute you said, "We're done." I clung on to you like aluminuim foil, and all you did was ignore me like a fly. I sent you text messages constantly, saying how much you meant to me, and how much of a wreck I was. The thing is, you never cared. You never even bothered. You said I wasn't worth it. Remember those times, when we used to always sit and talk about our problems like a normal boyfriend and girlfriend do? You would always laugh like an angel, and have a smile that I always loved. I would just sit back, and blush as red as a fire engine. You would take my Autozone cap. We were kids, what else were we going to do? I ran into you the other day at the Starbucks, after a two year gap of not seeing you. You were ordering a caramel frappuccino-You're favorite. You saw me, and smiled brightly, looking a bit suprised. I replied with a gentle smile, but shrugged. You took a slow breath, and said,"Hey, Alex."
I warmly responded with a, "Hey!" As I ordered my coffee, and we sat down on the lounge furniture, I handed you a pillow. "Thank you," you replied.
"No problem," I retorted quietly. We started to talk like two normal strangers, barely knowing anything each other, but we laughed awkwardly, but you seemed to go with the flow. We had chemistry for that conversation, flirting slyly to each other. I complimented you on you're looks, while you insulted me at first, along with a compliment at the end to make me fall for you. My watch started to beep. Beep! Beep! Beep! I had to go, but before I went, you looked at me with you're beautiful eyes, a heap of midnight. I wasn't going to back down because you'd know I'd fall for that trick. You asked me for my new number as I arose from the couch, which was odd because I was supposed to ask you for you're number. But, I didn't really care. I took out a notepad I had from my pocket, clicked the end of the pen I found from the table, and started to write down my number. I left without a goodbye, pushing through the doors, with a wide smirk on my face. You didn't look at it until I had reached the other side of the street. You didn't see me, but I could still see you. As you were opening the note, I started to chuckle. Not because of what had just happened, but because of the look on you're face when you opened that note, and on that note, I scribbled, "You're not worth my time."

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is......funny.....but it made me sad DX really good though. I liked it.