"My life, My World. It's all about me!" | Teen Ink

"My life, My World. It's all about me!"

March 21, 2013
By HeavenMarie SILVER, Keeseville, New York
HeavenMarie SILVER, Keeseville, New York
6 articles 13 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
-Don't judge a book by its cover.
-I am the author of my own life, unfortunately I am writing in pen.
-"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."-Dr. Seuss


It was 2:24 am on April 20, 1995 when a very young, scared teenager gave birth to a little, precious baby girl. She held me, and she promised to be by me forever. That’s also when my biological dad, John, showed no interest in being a dad. Even though child birth is not easy, my mom through the pain was a small price to pay to have me in her life. My name is Heaven Marie. I was born in Plattsburgh, New York. I weighed 6 pounds and 11 ounces. Even if I don't remember myself that day in the hospital I will never forget the stories I have been told.

I live with my parents and my two brothers, Eli and Tyler. On October 20, 2005 I was adopted by Roland. He is truly a great dad in my life. This sums up my favorite saying, “Anybody can be a father, but it takes a great man to be a dad." Roland met my mom when my biological dad was being abusive to my mom when I was three weeks old.

I lived in Peru, New York when I was three weeks old until I turned six. I loved our little trailer we had. My siblings and I used to play a lot outside. I was especially close with Eli. We had kept each other company before Tyler was born. We used to play what we called, “Magic Games,” using sticks as swords or wands. We’d play the game with our “cousin,” Seth. When I was four, Eli, my friend Monica, and I tried to dig to China. We thought we reached the door to China and it turned out that we hit a pipe to our well.

I remember on my 5th birthday we went to Monica’s Uncle Shaun’s house. I thought that they forgot my birthday since it was Easter and all. In fact I thought that it was cool to have Easter on my actual date of birth, but I was sad that I thought they forgot about my special day. When I arrived everyone yelled, “Surprise!” There were many people I didn’t know. We had a giant Easter egg hunt, and I was grateful that they didn’t forget about me.

Another memory I have is of my mom’s white cat, Casper that had kittens. She had five kittens, but only three survived. They were all tiny and cute, and we got to keep one. I chose the multi-tiger-colored one. I wanted to name her Heart, but my mom said to pick a different name. I don’t know why though. So, I picked Daisy Duke. Eli got wanted the white one that looked like his mama. He named him Snowman. Seriously, Snowman? I couldn’t name mine Heart, but he got to name his Snowman? Anyway, the other one was black, and his name was Norman, Norm for short. My mom realized that the white kitten wasn’t a male but a female. Instead, Eli named it Snow-girl. Unfortunately his kitten died. Eli adopted Norm. I also remember getting a hamster. He was the cutest little booger. I named him Chewy. My cat, sadly, ate Chewy.

When I was six we moved to Keeseville, New York and with all the memories we had shared at my old house. That year I was enrolled into the First Grade in Mrs. Graves’s class. I was shy at first, but I still made friends. Seth, Eli, and I still played “magic games” and Tyler was left out. When I was in 4th grade I signed up for our school’s talent show. I sang, “Genie in a Bottle” by Christina Aguilera. I stunk, but at least I had the guts to go up and preform. I also picked up writing stories. When my internet was down, I had nothing to do. I was bored, so I said to myself what the heck, let’s right a story. I kicked on the old boxed computer and began to write my first story. It was called “Fantasy”. It was about a fairy girl named Fantasy who, because of an evil witch, had to go into the human world when she was days old. She soon found out that she is a fairy. Well, it turned out that I actually made it into a short book. I wasn’t the best at writing or reading at the time. It helped me improve my writing skills and be able to read big words. I type short stories and long novels. I am getting pretty good at looking at the screen and typing a sentence. I like to write about fiction. I have been so fascinated with the vampire and werewolf books. I also like fairytales such as Peter Pan.

When I was in the 5th grade I started my first sport, basketball. I was okay at it, not too bad, and not too good. That year I also took up sign language for a club. I did the talent show that year too. When I was in 6th I played basketball and took up tutoring a nice little girl named, Britney. I graduated from elementary school and headed towards my future middle school.

When I was sixteen I didn’t want a car like all the other teenagers. No, I wanted a dog. I searched the internet to find people. Some were scams. Some were really arrogant. My aunt just got a miniature Dachshund puppy. I wanted him so bad, but they said no because they wanted to keep him. So, I looked and looked until I found the woman who sold the Dachshund. I explained that my mom wants to get me a puppy for my birthday and that she only had $200. The woman offered me a 10 month old puppy. He only cost $150. I named him Oscar Myer.

Right now, I am seventeen, and my birthday is in three months. I have worked hard for what I want in my life. I had a summer job. I worked with my aunt through the Sweet Program. I bought myself an iPad, which I write in a lot. At the beginning of the school year I didn’t know that I could take Creative Writing in my second quarter. I was so relieved that I could take it, but I had to get classes switched. It was no big deal. I was happy to do it for this class. I wanted to take this class because I love to write. I also wanted something to write about. I wanted the teacher to give me something to write about other than my usual topics. I also looked forward to see Mrs. Doorey’s face again other than AIS English; I think that is what it was.

As of now, my life consists of taking care of Oscar. I also have three hamsters that my brothers and I take care of. Also, being creative in Creative Writing. I don’t play a sport like I used to. My interests are writing or typing. I also draw a lot of things, mostly animals. If I were to own horses I would be out there riding every day. At school I help with the play. Last year, I sewed with Mrs. Hamilton, doing the costumes. It was fun, and I loved showing my creative side, but she isn’t doing the costumes this year. I am also enrolled in the CV-Tech program at our school. The program I chose was ASVA, or other words Animal Science/Veterinary Assistant.

My future plans and goals are that I need to pass all 11th and 12th so I can get into the college I want; which is the State University of New York-Canton. Once I get accepted at Canton, I would like to pursue my dream as a veterinary technician and on the side, an author. I want to work somewhere near my family, because I love my family, sometimes. I want to start off at an apartment and work my way up to a nice big house with a wraparound porch. I want to live with my cousin, Monica. This is because our dream is to show the world that our friendship will always last as much as our love for horses. I also want three dogs. Of course, my Oscar Myer will probably be old, but I want a Dalmatian and a husky. We will own many horses, of course, well, I want two to three. At age 25 I want to start looking for the “right one.” I want to make sure he likes me for me and doesn’t care that I am a heavy set person. I want to get married under a Willow tree on horseback. I want not one, but two brides’ maids, Lindsay and Monica. I want to actually start my family at the age of 29, maybe 30. I want two lovely children. I would want my daughter first and then my son, but whatever comes first, comes first. I have thought of names Autumn Marie for my daughter. She will be named after her great, great cousin, Autumn Ellen Hamborsky. I would want my sons name to be Aiden Allen. If my kids want a starting pet I would give them a hamster. Oh and, I still want a Greek tortoise. I will get one someday.


The author's comments:
This is another Creative Writing/TRW assignment. This is also a little more about myself. Hope you enjoy. Oh and get to know me more before you judge. Not all people share their life story. (: