Paul Graupe

The day before thanksgiving, 3 years ago. That's the day my grandmother's fiancé went missing. His name was Paul Graupe. I wasn't very old then. I was only in the fifth grade. I don't remember seeing a lot of Paul but I do remember how fast we welcomed him to the family. Paul was a really nice guy and he was always smiling. He had never wronged anyone! Well, I'm sure he had but it was probably in his younger years. Anyways, it was the day before thanksgiving and Paul didn't show up for work. Keep in mind Paul NEVER missed work. He loved his job and loved being around people. Even when he was sick he would want to go to work! People just assumed he was sick. The next day, thanksgiving, he didn't show up to the big dinner our family always had. We assumed he was still sick. After the third day someone filed a missing person report. Exactly 3 years later, a couple of police officers went to Robert's ( I will not use his last name ) house to collect child support. When the officers showed up at his door Robert confessed to the murder of Paul. They found Paul's body in Robert's shed. Paul lived only four blocks away. He confessed to killing Paul over some money Robert was supposed to pay back to him. How someone could end another person, a friend, a family member, I will never know. I really don't know how the person could hide the body on their property. Someplace they go often. For three years. Robert has not been officially charged yet. I don't wish death on anyone but I hope he gets what he deserves. I'm just glad, that after three years, Paul and our family will finally be able to rest in peace.