A country girl...

Even though I live in a small town, I've always thought of myself as a country girl. I especially love it in autumn as the trees look like they're ablaze with their brown, orange and red leaves. I love climbing the trees and admiring the views beyond, and I love the quietness of it all. The countryside is my special place, where I really feel I belong. There’s a place, near where I live, like that. I haven’t taken my friends there; it’s mine and my cousin’s special place. We will hide in the trees in the winter, sit by the lake in the summer and admire the views in spring. We’ll often exchange stories or have a long heart-to-heart.
The country is where I belong. I love the quiet songs the birds sing, and the way it’s all calm. No worries, no one bothering us. I’ve always admired the countryside, even when I was a little girl. It’s where I write, and it’s what inspires me every time I write. I wrote my article, ‘a little confidence…’ whilst I was there. I can’t concentrate as much anywhere else. And now I’m here, the wind blowing through my hair I think of a key line for my new song. ‘Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.’ I sing it softly to myself and practise it a few times. The country is my melody and I am its harmony. Together we can create a song…

SaphirraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's really great! I can picture exactly what you're describing and as most people have said, the ending is absolutely perfect! Great job and continue writing such beautiful pieces! 

ShannonLil99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 29, 2012 at 5:20 am :
Thank you :) x

WhenItRains21 said...
Sept. 18, 2012 at 8:01 am:
I love it! Coming from the country and a small town myself, I can say that you've truly captured the allure of the countryside. I also love the end. The last few lines have a beautiful tone of finality that wrap up your piece very nicely!

Sept. 29, 2012 at 5:21 am :
Thanks :) x

ShannonLil99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 11:04 am:
I am online, potato! x

Becky_Star_101 said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 11:03 am:
Shannon... Come online. We haven't spoken in like a day... Get online beans!

Becky_Star_101 said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 11:02 am:
I've read this article like 10 times now, I can't help it, I love it so much!!!!!!!!!!!

AmberMichelle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very nice. It reminds me of when I was younger and lived in the country. 

Ahahaha... Probably not, RoRoRocky555 x

RoRoRocky555 said...
Not bad... Better than any article I could ever do!

RhiannaHeart_98 said...
OMG!!! I really love your last lines, it's like poetry!!

Loco_Coco_Moco_999 said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 11:56 am:
It is really good, enjoyed reading it! x

Ellie I. said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 10:54 am:
Ah cool... I really like it!

Sept. 11, 2012 at 10:51 am:
thanksss x

Becky_Star_101 said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 10:32 am:
Really nice, I guess I need to find a place like that. Respect! xD

Esperanza replied...
Sept. 16, 2012 at 12:20 pm :
it's a great article and i think the descriptions are pieced together beautifully