Once Upon A Bully

Once upon a time I saw my eyes as sparkling, amber colored windows that looked out on life with a happy perspective, their almond shape a symbol of the people I come from…until they told me they were a mark of shame, that I shouldn’t be proud of my race. Now, I try to hide them and my humbled self from the rest of the world.

Once upon a time I thought my body was pretty. My curves were flattering, my pouting lips seducing, and my curly red hair portrayed my bouncy, fun personality… until they told me I am hefty, and my hair looks like a more feminine version of Bozo’s. I saw myself as petite, like a ballet dancer, until they told me I was simply “short” and I should be downcast about my figure. Now, I try to hide it and my ashamed self from the rest of the world.

Once upon a time I thought I was smart. I saw my grades as door openers to a bright, educated future. My teachers adored me, and my report card would be displayed on the family fridge. I saw myself as an intelligent young lady, more mature then my classmates who love to party instead of study… until they informed me I am a geek, a nerd, and I would have no social life for the rest of my existence. Now my report card is hidden away, and all the doors I had opened are closed. I threw all my efforts away to fit in, only to remain an outcast anyways. My regret is enormous. Now, I try to hide it and my remorseful self from the rest of the world.

Once upon a time I was happy. I saw the cup as half full, and I was convinced everything happens for a reason. I walked in the halls, radiating self confidence. I was sure of my every move and was high-spirited… until they found my well-hidden flaws, and pointed them out, and they told me I had nothing to be proud of. They tore me down until I was so desperate to be laughing again, I became self-destructive, using methods that gave me temporary merriness but destroyed me and my health in the long run. Pills. Now, I try to hide them and my dying self from the rest of the world.

…..

Once upon a time I used my mouth for positive things. Laughing at jokes. Kissing my family. Reassuring friends. And I did not listen to the paranoid voices in my head… until they told me that the only way I could get out my frustration with the world was to put others down. Today I use my mouth to make fun of people’s races, bodies, intelligence and pride. The voices in my head tell me that maybe what I’m doing is wrong, but I hide them, and my doubtful self from the rest of the world.

silentpeacock said...
OMG you stand tall girl. while theyre figuring out whether your glass is half full or half empty, drink the water! 

JasonWhite1234 said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:03 am
Wow... this is really good. I was bullied once- it didn't feel good