My Favorite Place | Teen Ink

My Favorite Place

By golfgirl99 GOLD, San Ramon, California
golfgirl99 GOLD, San Ramon, California

Cyprian Keyes is an extraordinary place that has wonderfully fresh air and newly mown grass. Hawks circle above flags looking for a big, juicy mouse for dinner. All you can see is green, swallowing you up like a huge pile of leaves you just jumped in.

Cyprian Keyes is my special, greatly loved place. I can golf there for as long as I like, until I feel satisfied and fulfilled. Red flags in challenging holes flap in the wind like a hand waving at you, saying “Come here!” Chipmunks scurry around, mocking gray squirrels.

Cyprian Keyes is a place I will never forget. It is engraved in my heart and mind. It calms me, and helps me improve on the thing I love most. The clunk of my ball falling in the hole is my favorite sound in the world.

Cyprian Keyes is one of the few places where I can see a little white face with many pimples smiling down at me from the clouds. It is one of the few places where I can hit my little round friend as hard as I like with my club. It is a place where I can exchange a silver range token for treasure, a bucket of golf balls. Cyprian Keyes is unique.

Cyprian Keyes is a place where I feel free and adventurous. It is a place where I can play joyfully and work stressfully hard at the same time. Cyprian Keyes is one-of-a-kind.

Cyprian Keyes is my extraordinary, special, greatly loved, unique, one-of-a-kind place. It makes me feel satisfied and fulfilled. It is engraved in my heart and mind. It is a part of me. Cyprian Keyes is a place I will never forget.

I wrote this piece because soon, I will no longer be able to play at this course, which is very special to me. The saying "You don't know what you've got until it's gone" is definitely true! I didn't know how lucky I was to be able to play at Cyprian Keyes. I will miss every thing about my favorite place.