Surreal Summer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Come on, clouds. Move out of the way and let constant sunshine take your place. We're ready for late nights and early mornings, waking up just to watch the sun rise and greet another glorious day of summer, walking down to that little ice cream shop around the corner and trying to eat while Rocky Road and Cake Batter dribble down our chins as we race home, and jumping in the pool to cool off with all of our clothes on – because there are no responsibilities. Just a flash of freedom.

We're all friends, there's a fire pit, the moon and the stars. There's laughing and smiling and talking. It doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing, as long as we're all together, one big family.

Break out the sprinklers, turn on the old radio in the garage, and crack open an ice-cold soda. I'll dial everyone in my cell phone. Soon it's just us and the sparkling rays of the sun. We stay outside, running through those cold streams of water, our feet covered in grass, laughing at the passersby who say we're “too old.” And as the sun sinks to the horizon, we lie in the grass and listen to the harmonious buzzing and clicking of the cicadas. Music to our ears.

KkatKreationzThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:32 pm:
I Love it!

RedheadAtHeartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 11:10 am:
Beautiful.

yayitsJessica This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:04 am :
:) thank you