The things I remember | Teen Ink

The things I remember

January 21, 2010
By XTheHybridOneX GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
XTheHybridOneX GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Just brighten up, smile, and live it up."


I remember when life was less complicated. I remember when I could just go to my parents whenever I was struggling, but things are different now. I remember when there was no such thing as drama and I never lost a friend for more than a day,but things are different now. I remember when I didn't have to worry about what I had to do for the day and school was always fun, but things are different now. I remember when the bad things in the world were left for the adults, but things are different now. I remember when I could play all day and my biggest problem was dinner time, but things are different now. I remember when I could watch t.v. all day and never see what goes on in the world, but things are different now.I remember when we could eat whatever we wanted without thinking we would become fat,but things are different now. I remember when I didn't have to deal with things like death,depression,heartbreak, or drama, but things are different now.

What I am trying to say is we have grown up and life has changed drastically, but the things that I remember shall always be there. Without the things we remember we wouldn't be the same people we are today. I remember the good times growing up, but the best part is I want to make these the good times too. I want to grow old and say to myself "I remember". I shall never forget what I have been through and I shall let those experiences influence me for the better. I want to grow up happy due to the fact that I didn't let my memories hold me back. It's time to stop sulking over the past but start embracing the future. We are what makes the future so let's make it what it should be and so the younger ones can say they remember. Lets live life to the fullest and stop worrying about the meaningless and live with love and passion. I want to say I remember......


The author's comments:
Inspired by, A good friend.