A Father | Teen Ink

A Father

Its been 7 years...7 years he still hasnt been here.If only he can understand the pain im going through. If he only was here to understand the suffering and tears it took me not to care.
My father been in Prison 7 years and he's coming out on my mothers Birthday. It's like saying "Happy Birthday MOM i just brung suffering and tears home again". I saw my father beat my mom til her face was bloody i saw my father get locked up with police cars outside and guns in the window.....You have no idea how scarey it was for a 4 year old to see that.

Imagine your father trying to come to your house and try to act like everything was ok when it wasn't. I hate myself for hating him so much. I just cant stand him anymore...It's too much for a 12 year old..

Everybodies example of a father is brave, to keep you safe from harm. To treat you right , to bring money and food on the table for working not stealing...

Well you know what it was hard for me to accept this but my father will not change after 7 years will not put food and money on the table without stealing. He will not protect or make me feel better... He will hurt me with his ignorance and his attitude...But you do not choose your family and that is how life is... =(

My dad has been in jail 7 years and i wanted to at least let the feeling out on how i feel.

on Sep. 18 2009 at 10:12 am
so true i know how you feel my real father beat my mother and I for almost 10 years before i fought back and put his narrow a** in jail only for 4 years though