Dining Out | Teen Ink

Dining Out

By phoebe-bird SILVER, Shanghai, Other
phoebe-bird SILVER, Shanghai, Other

Life is short. Art is long. Human nature is endlessly fascinating. What stand out from the daily rhetoric between breakfast and bed? Food. Exotic food, bars, local cuisines or sensational dishes. The goal of a modern epicure is to eat, drink and be merry. A succinct and outgoing lifestyle, designed for people to command life’s elegancies, or every luxurious arms of life epitomized as different tastes: sweet as golden molasses, pungent as black vinegar, poignant as luring wine. Every taste has got its name, every name an admirer.

Yet the task of life is not only to have a share in mainstream of gourmets, whose gustatory jackpot will drool you to death. “Dining out” means many more dimensions, not just as a form of food receptacles, but as a decent and liberating time for men and women to hit it off, right on interaction’s target. Who is the primma donna of the dining table? Who makes the audience erupt into gales of vicious, whiteteethed, obscene laughter?

To zero in on my own experience, above all to relate myself and approximate my values to the enchanted circles, I felt it hard not to start a little night-time talk with my neighbour diner, who happened to revise speeches and scripts for radio hosts in a major media group. Though I didn’t give him a come-on message throughout our cozy chat from jobs to nostalgic glow on school life, I did find him as affable, funny and gregarious, a great listener, a kind and loyal friend. Society is every inch soaked in gourmand’s kingdom.

Dined out with parents and their friends. What a safe and mundane pattern of life.

Electricity PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
oh, wow, this is deep. Great job writing this. There's something that makes you hither and want to read it over and over. You're english is perfect, by the way.