Fast and Furious: 12 Year Old Drifting Edition | Teen Ink

Fast and Furious: 12 Year Old Drifting Edition

By thecargoesbroombroom BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
thecargoesbroombroom BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

When I first started to learn how to drive, I thought that it would be a piece of cake, but  

now I realize that it is not as easy as it seems. My dad decided that it would be smart to 

teach me, a 12 year old child, to drive. 

My dad took me in his grey Acura, that seriously needs a paint job, to a vacant parking lot

around noon. The parking lot had lamppost and very sharp turns. At first he let my mom drive so

that I could observe before I get behind the wheel. When he decided it was my turn he told me

where to put my feet and hands, when to hit the breaks, how I should turn, and when I should

press on the gas.

At first everything was sunshine and rainbows, but then that’s when a random car appeared. I

got so scared that I would hit the car. You should also know that the car was going straight and I

was turning, as well as the corner was a sharp turn. My dad said to just turn the corner, but

instead of turning slowly I accidentally hit the gas as I was turned. In result of me turning so fast

it caused the car to basically drift. The car made a very loud screeching noise as I hit the brakes

to stop the car. When the car came to a complete stop ,my dad decided that he would wait until I

was older to start teaching me. 

When we got home my mom got out of the car to check the tires, and she said that we would

need to get new tires because I burnt the rubber on the tires.

After that event I never wanted to go driving again because I am scared of the same thing will

happen.