The Scary Waves | Teen Ink

The Scary Waves

By skester39 BRONZE, Belle Fourche, South Dakota
skester39 BRONZE, Belle Fourche, South Dakota

"Stop Saying I wish, Start saying I will" author unknown

I was leaving my house, the wind curled my hair and I got in the truck it felt like we were driving for an eternity then finally we got there. My brother Stetson and I got out of the truck and sat down on a bench, Stetson and My family friend Bill went to go get the boat. Later this loud boat rolled up and we all got in, Bill his daughter Bree, her friend,Stetson and I, We drove for like 15 minute and we stopped at this island and we roamed it of like 5 minutes. The island was a place where a wedding happen and there were bricks everywhere. I found a toad and I dropped it when it moved it scared me then we got back in later we stopped he threw the tube out of the back of the boat, I got butterflies in my stomach then the other girls went first and like 15 minutes later, it was my turn, I had to ride with Bree then she wanted me to go by myself and I did. When I got out of the water, it felt like it was winter and I had just froze. Stetson just laughed and I pushed him in the arm softly.

They asked who want to go again I yelled “ME” Because I found out I really like riding on the tube.We kept taking turns for a few hours Bree and her friend kept falling off but I stayed on. I stayed on because Bill didn’t go very fast with me. A few minutes later we jumped in the blueish- grayish water I was scared of the waves from the boat were going crazy, but they calmed down. When we were done swimming we kept riding on the tube. When I got on the tube, Bill started going and the waves beside the tube were going crazy. I was so scared, but I was brave and said to myself, “ We are having fun, so don't be scared you are doing great”. When we stopped I got back in the boat and we went back to shore. We all jumped off except Bill and Stetson, they took the boat back. It felt like it took forever, but the girls and I hung out.

While Bill and Stetson were gone Bree and her friend and I sat on big floaties they were on a huge on I was on a small one and I would pull them around and we would talk while they were relaxing. We hung out for about 30 minutes then finally Bill and My brother came back and we all went up on shore. Bill’s wife came with hot dogs and chips we ate the food and surprisingly my brother ate more than me. When we were done eating Stetson and I got in the truck and went home, it only took about 15 minutes.

When we got home we all went and changed clothes and My mom was watching Supergirl without me. I was kinda upset, but I got over it. I watched it with her and we had a good time. The funny thing was that my brother refused to get wet until the end. The next day when I woke up my arms hurt so bad that I could hardly move them, my elbows had swors from the tube, I was sunburned and it hurts. But I had fun and I did something I never thought I would do, but I did it and that changed a part of my life.

I love my brother and Friends never forget them, keep them close and never let go.