Summer Breeze | Teen Ink

Summer Breeze

By mariakawala18 BRONZE, Cleawater, Florida
mariakawala18 BRONZE, Cleawater, Florida

The sky was like a storm. Contrasting colors of warm and cool tones dancing around one another in concert. Sublime is the only word I can use to describe the footprint it left on me. The wind felt calming and gentle as it struck my face and traveled through my hair. But I couldn’t help but detest this scenery as I gazed upon it with sustained anger. Why? Why is this panorama in front of me so breathtaking while my emotions are unruly and filled with rage? My body stood still as my mind raced with harsh incoherent thoughts. Looking at the sweet colored sky I felt defeated and the only way I could respond was through anger. Letting myself get entangled in my fierce reactions and taking all of it out on the sky, rather than the cause. Anger was the only direction I could take to cope with this feeling of loss. That day stayed with me like a birthmark to skin, staining the depths of my mind. But as time went on the irritation I had felt faded into a void. Distrust took the place of anger, resulting in more issues with myself than others. Isolation became the solution. Locking myself in the layout of alone and swallowing the key, this in my mind the only possible answer to my pain. Each day felt as if a storm cloud hovered above my head and my thoughts like raindrops left trails of themselves on me. But like every storm after it disappeared, the trails left on me now dried into the air with little to no trace. Days seemed shorter as the storm left its debris and it became easier to confront its effects. With this like the breeze I journeyed through the days, never stopping to wallow in my own despair. The sky was like a storm. Colors embraced each other with fondness in a loving form. Euphoric is the word I would use to describe the impact it had on me. This was the sky telling me to embrace the wind with hope in my mind and the lessons stayed with the heart.

A mix of many feelings were in me at this time in my life and I remember this day clearly. I go back to it even now, 4 almost 5 years later and take lessons from it.