Ode to Bryan | Teen Ink

Ode to Bryan

I wish I had a way to say this, but now that I think about it… you know what, nevermind it's not important. I want you to know, but you're not here, that's okay I will just figure out a way to tell you… It's really hard to say it but...  I wish you were here Bryan. I feel like if you were here with me I could just spill everything out and feel better, but I can't… I-I miss you Bryan. Although I've never actually met you, I know you're here… watching over us, and making sure everything is okay. Since I don't really have anyone in the family that's my age it would be nice to have someone near my age that I can talk to every once in a while. It can get really lonely at the house and talking to someone or listening to music with them would really make my day.

Sometimes I can sense that you're actually here it's not often that it happens, but sometimes I could be in the living room with Zoey, Mami lying down in the room, the kids could either be at school for clubs, or in one of the two rooms, and while I am chasing her, she sometimes stops in front of the refrigerator and will start waving at something. I don't really know if that's you or not, but I have a sense that your really here with me and the kids.

If you were here with me right now I feel like you would either be with Junior most of the time, spending time with ´apa, or helping me with Zoey. If we had nightly conversations, or you needed advice, we would probably talk about everything that has happened to you at school, or you need help with a girl, or you just want to vent out on me whatever gets on your nerves (whether it's at school or here at home). I feel like when I talk to Junior I feel like I can see you in him, I don't know how, but I just do.

Sometimes I feel like there's nobody in this world… NOBODY that could relate to me, but I have my “kiddos” to relate to (I mean not really, but since they're family I guess I can relate to them home-wise). If you´re really here with me, every once in awhile I want you to give me a sign that shows I'm not alone and youŕe watching me and the family. I wouldn't give one day just to see you, to have a long conversation about everything that has happened in life. What I would give for one day like that. My little Bryan, my baby, my kiddo, my little bro. One day… just ONE day I want hug you and never let go, and tell you that I love you. One day would be nice… just to hear you, and talk to you. I miss you Bryan. Rest In Peace little brother.  

on Oct. 25 2019 at 10:25 am
keyrodriguez26, San Marcos, Texas
Diana,you did a good job with this i don't care if it was a year ago or less than a year the important thing is that you did this with all your heart