First Time Flying to Another State | Teen Ink

First Time Flying to Another State

By KingJeezzy BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
KingJeezzy BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

One normal day at school, I got a text message from my mom telling me and my sisters to “come straight home”. When it was time to leave school my sister was nervous and she was asking my mom if we’re in “trouble”. My mom said “No, it’s a good thing”.

When my sisters and I came home from school my mom told us to come and sit in the living room. When me and my sisters sat down on the couches. We was waiting for other family members. I was so excited me and my sisters was thinking that we was getting a big party with the entire family. Everyone has gotten to my house at this time. My mom, my grandma, my auntie, and my cousin has asked everyone for their attention. When everyone got quite and waiting for the big surprise. My mom said “EVERYONE GET READY CAUSE WE’RE GOING TO ORLANDO, FLORIDA!!”. After she told everyone we was all so excited.       

The next day, which was the last day of school. When it was almost time to leave the school I sent a text message to my mom telling her “how much I was scared to ride the plane” and she said to me “we’ll make it through it.. It’s too late now”. It was the last period and I was telling Christopher, Anyea, and Ni’ara that I was going to orlando. And telling how much I don’t want to ride the plane. After that conversation it was time to go. We all hugged and said our goodbyes even cried a little.

A week passed, and the morning it was time to go, I was so sleepy and exhausted because the night before I was too hyped to even sleep. When everyone was getting ready only thing I could think of is the plane riding part. Everyone was ready and it was time to go to the airport. We arrived to the airport everything in my body was rushing. When it was time to board the plane I thought I was going to die right on spot. My mom, stepdad, and I was just sitting waiting for lift off. We lifted off and it wasn’t as bad everyone said it was going to be. We actually cooled down it wasn’t bad at all it was pretty good.

We landed safely in Orlando, Florida so happy to be there. When we got our rental car, we was on the lookout  for our house we was staying in for them four days. We found the house and all the adults left to get groceries. They left the teenagers and kids at home with our older cousins. Later on that day, we had started planning on what to do. 2 days passed, we was all getting ready to take a trip to Universal Studios, Volcano Bay and as we running to car my sister Jonisha fell down the stairs but she got and started laughing. As we started walking towards the first security machine I just felt the excitement waiting for us. We got on the very first roller coaster we seen and after we just knew it was going to be a adventurous day.

We had to end our wonderful day short. We went back car to go to the house to pack up our things and get ready to leave early in the morning to go back home. We took a pit stop at McDonalds before going back home. Pulling up into the drive everyone was pretty bummed but it was all a good experience. The next morning, We got on the plane with no problems. And got back to Delaware nice and safely. The lesson of this story don’t be scared to try things your scared of.

This piece is to teach everyone they should'nt be scared to do anything that they're scared of.

on Dec. 30 2018 at 11:43 pm
ShaunSilly112, Los Angeles, California
We can relate so much I was the same as you. Now I love riding to plane!!!! IM ON ONE RIGHT NOW. Lol