Top Voted Interviews

Here are the top voted interviews:

voted
#1
Whoopi! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   On February 14th, I had the chance of a lifetime. I knew that Whoopi Goldberg was a very special person and an accomplished actor, but I never expected her to be such an open and insightful person. Before the interview, we waited... (more »)
31 comments
voted
#2
R.L. Stine - The Interview Experience This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   It was fifth period - English - when the phone rang in the classroom. Now, when the phone does ring, which is rare, the recipient, for some reason, is never me. So, when I heard my name, I knew that I had either done something really bad,... (more »)
voted
#3
My Time with Ice Cube This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     When I first found out I had won an interview with Ice Cube, I couldn't believe it. Since Ice Cube has always been outspoken about his opinions, I knew this would be really amazing. Even before the phone interview officially started,... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#4
Holocaust Survivor Jan Menchel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
 Where and when were you born? I was born in 1926 in Czechoslovakia, in a small town called Yasina. What was life like when you were little? Life was very hard. Yasina was a small town in the Carpathean mountains, surrounded by... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#5
Meeting The 5 Browns This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     What has five parts and can be described as good-looking, talented, intelligent, young, and extremely musical? The 5 Browns, of course! The 5 Browns truly have it all: looks, talent, charisma, and more. When Teen Ink contacted me about... (more »)
voted
#6
My Day with Caroline Kennedy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     My day with Caroline Kennedy. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine starting an article with that as the title. However, once Teen Ink contacted me, it's all I could think about. I was unbelievably nervous the morning of the... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#7
My Day at the White House This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      It was a morning of stylish ladies. I woke up with the distinct desire to look more professional than pretty, knowing that sophistication would be far more appreciated than demure femininity. Because unlike yesterday or the day before... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#8
The Real Tony Hawk This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Spending the day in New York City is not unusual for me, but one day the city I knew so well turned a dream into reality for me. I was to interview Tony Hawk, the world's greatest skateboarder. At first, I knew him as the guy in the... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#9
Jesse Jackson, The Interview Experience This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   OnThanksgiving Day, one of my aunts asked if I had heard the latest newsabout Jesse Jackson in Decatur. Just mentioning his name reminded me of"that contest." Little did I know that the next morning JohnMeyer of The 21st Century would call... (more »)
voted
#10
American Virtue of Courage This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     As I approached the threshold of the JFK Presidential Library and Museum, I realized that I couldn't even begin to fathom the amount of history inside. Not only did the architecture hold memories for so many, it would also hold small... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#11
Just One Hour This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
   My experience with Maya Angelou was unlike anything I have ever had, and I doubt it will ever be repeated. Despite the bittersweet nature of this reality, I am thankful that Teen Ink offered me the opportunity to "interview" her when they... (more »)
voted
#12
   New York City has always glittered for me, but that day in late April I had a sparkle of my own. Sitting in a bustling café while waves of hungry people slowly died down as the hour deviated further and further from noon, I watched the... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#13
Alicia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      Though one would think that research in preparation to interview nine-time Grammy winner and philanthropist Alicia Keys is vital, I can tell you that no amount of Googling song lyrics or composing questions can sufficiently prepare you... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#14
From a Simple Promise This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     “Do you promise?” My mom asked me 13 years ago. She knelt on the floor of our apartment, next to the shiny new piano stool, and looked me in the eye. “Do you promise you will practice every day?” After what seemed to be an... (more »)
voted
#15
The First Lady This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      On average, 5,000 Americans tour the White House each day. However, few, if any, actually get the chance to meet the President or the First Lady. So, when Teen Ink contacted me to see if I'd like to interview Mrs. Laura Bush, I was... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#16
Meeting Alicia This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      It was a sunny November day and I was glad not to be in school. I much preferred sitting on a New York City-bound train, Alicia Keys' music playing on my iPod. Her smooth, soulful voice sang over the sounds of the train as I counted... (more »)