Interview | Teen Ink

Interview

As I was growing up I have heard so many stories about my parent doing a lot of stuff, going places, but when I interview my dad it was different because I heard stories that I never heard. So the first thing we talk being about the Northridge earthquake because he was there when the earthquake happened in Canoga park. He was delivering newspaper and he was in his car when the earthquake started and he was scared and didn't know what to do because he never been in an earthquake that big.

He was trying to get out of his car because all the cars were hitting each other and knew he needed to get out before he gets injured. When he got out the water pump exploded and he need to go around just incase electricity could of landed on the water.He was startled because he never been in an earthquake that big and there was no one there with him to help him and tell him what to do.

So when I was little I always heard stories about my parents coming to America, but I never heard this one this story was more detailed and I could picture them.He emigrated from El Salvador to America because he wanted to get money for his family to come to America. I asked him why he came and he said,"I came because of the war". He had a brother who helped him get a job and get money to eat and try to get a place to live.

His brother also helped him with a place to live in till he got a place to live. He got a job when he came to America, even without a high school diploma. He didn't think that he could go back to school because he didn't speak English, so he didn't go to school anymore. He knew that if he went to school, he could get a better job and a career.

When my dad came to America, he had a dream that I would of never heard from mostly anyone. He wants to have a great family he doesn't care what he has just wants to do good for his family 120% and he doesn’t wanted a nice car or a bigger house he loves what he has. He has another American dream and that was to bring his family over to America and he will be great.