Air Force Legacy Interview | Teen Ink

Air Force Legacy Interview

April 7, 2014
By Emily Allman BRONZE, Durham, North Carolina
Emily Allman BRONZE, Durham, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Dad took me to my first NASCAR race when I was 6 or 7, so I was always interested in machines that go fast. I wanted to be a race driver until I was 12. Then I got interested in airplanes.” Todd F. said about his first interest in planes. Todd, my uncle, has always loved his family, job, and life. He is a great father, sibling, and son. More than anything else, he never gives up.

“One thing that really stood out as he progressed in the military and afterward was his HUGE sense of responsibility and honor! He is one of the most responsible and honorable men I know...ever.” says his mother, Susan S. Todd has been working in the military for many years, 10+ years in the marines and another 10 in the airforce. Although he is working now as a T-6 simulator instructor, “...he will always be a marine in his heart.” Sikes said. Todd is one of the bravest and determined man anyone could ever meet. Although getting to be a military officer of 20+ years is not easy. He explained [Some of the hardest parts] “...Was physical stress, long deployments (6 or 7 months) aboard ship away from home, some near-death experiences while flying, burying friends, long hours/weekends working, and moving to different locations on a regular basis.” Imagine living like that, these conditions really would call for a person who is determined and always moves forward. He then later stated, “ Being in the military made me realize how blessed I am and taught me to quit making long-term plans. When we plan, God laughs.” Todd lives a life of wanting others to never give up. Even though he did go through tough times during his military career he never quit or gave up. And he wants everyone else to do the same.



JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.