Motivation interview | Teen Ink

Motivation interview

Nur Syafiqah Mohd Paris BRONZE, Ampang, Other

Fatin Syafiqah Nur is my cousin. Her father is a clerk at one of goverment department while her mother not working because she have health problem. She has 4 siblings and she is the eldest. She got straight A plus in SPM 2012 and now she is attend preparation course to continue her studies in United Kingdom. She was received “Goverment Scholarship” to continue her studies in Harvard University in London.

Syafiqah:
Congratulations on your excellent results in SPM .
Fatin:

Welcome. There is nothing to be proud of. Many people outside there are more impressive, Syafiqah.
Syafiqah:
Yes, it's true. However, the resistance you have faced to achieve the success make you different than others.
Fatin.

Yes, so many obstacles, challenges and trials that I have faced to achieve my dream. However, I accept the challenges with an open heart. I believe in everything happen for a reason.
Syafiqah:
I am so amazed to hear the words derived from you. Let us continue our interview for today.
Fatin:

I am ready to answer your question, Syafiqah. Hopefully this interview will improve your passion to study hard and smart.
Syafiqah:
Thank you Fatin on motivation words you give .Can I know a little bit about yourself?
Fatin:

I am studying in secondary school near my house. My father just an ordinary civil servant and my mother has not been working because of health problems. I have 4 siblings and we always tolerate with each other . However, the family problems never made me give up in to achieve our success. My mother was tired of taking care my siblings. Therefore, I should always be at home to ensure their welfare.
Syafiqah:
It is really amazed. How do you spend your time between study and help your mother to take care of your sibling. After all, SPM is not as easy as other exam that you are gone through before . Moreover you have to sacrifice your time to take care of all of your siblings and also your mother is not in a good health. Since you are the eldest and i understand you have a big reponsiblity toward your family and also your studies. Of course your parent put high expectation on you, right?

Fatin:

Yes, you are right. I have to concentrated on my studies morale support and helping me in my stidies especially my counseling teacher because i dont want my parent feel dissapointed on me. Alhamdulillah, thanks to Allah. He always guided me when I feel lost. At the same time, my teachers always willing to help and help me in my studies especially my counselling teacher. Without his help I cannot manage time wisely. However, human nature easily engrossed so self dicipline is very important. Therefore, I always discipline myself to learn at home patching schedule. It definitely helps me do the self-revision and to make sure all the homework will done before I went to school the next day.
Syafiqah:
With a very big responsible at home, how and when you spend time for your study?
Fatin:
I believe, we have to sacrifice for our success. There is no easy away, always focus on what you want in your life. Usually, I woke up at 4.00 am to studies and make my own revesion because at this moment I feel very peacefull and of course always pray and may Allah will help us.
Syafiqah:
Oh, so apparently. I will apply it to improve my academic performance. What about parental encouragement? Do they always give support to you?
Fatin:

My parents always encouragement and give an advice. I am very grateful for the blessed from my mother who are very loving and understanding my ambition. Father, although busy with his job, he still spend his time to ask my studies and always feel sorry because I have to take care of my siblings instead of my studies. He put trust on me and I dont want to make him down. My mother never tired encouragement me to achieve my dream. I always keep in mind her advice as a motivation when I am struggle with my studies.
Syafiqah:
Wow, you're so lucky . Your parent is very supportive. You should be very grateful because they are support you to pursue your dreams over the years. Fatin, how about the teachers in your school?
Fatin:

As I told you earlier, my teacher help me a lot. Most of my teacher know about my family background and they are very supportive. Without them, I cannot be like this today.
Syafiqah:
Have your school offers free tuition?
Fatin:

Yes, of course. Tuition class will be held as soon as the school session ends. However, only students are encouraged to take their weak subjects. Therefore, teachers can focus on students who need special guidance. I only take 3 subjects of mathematics, physics and history. I cannot attend tuition everyday because I have to take care of my family also especially when my mother get sick.
Syafiqah:
Oh....your school really care about their student right?
Fatin:

Yes, definitely. I think, school also play a major role in determining your success. However, attitude and discipline that will determine the success of a person.
Syafiqah:
You’re right Fatin. Thank you for time. I am very lucky to have you in
my interview session. We are not only sharing your experience me but your determine, dicipline, the way you manage your family matter and of course your achivement really inspire me. I hope I can achieve my dream just like you. Pray for my success.
Fatin:

You’re most welcome dear. Yes, I hope you will achive your dream.
Syafiqah:
I should go now. Take a good care and enjoy your life. Goodbye.
Fatin:

Yes, I will. Goodbye.

Her spirit