My Time with Ice Cube This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I first found out I had won an interview with Ice Cube, I couldn't believe it. Since Ice Cube has always been outspoken about his opinions, I knew this would be really amazing.

Even before the phone interview officially started, Ice Cube was already discussing the importance of writing and creativity for teens. It is this drive to express his opinions and have interesting conversations that make him such an incredible interview subject. Over the course of one interview, Ice Cube displayed all of the qualities that have helped him become so successful. He was intelligent,reflective and funny. (His story about falling off stage was especially amusing.)

Ice Cube is one of the most influential rappers/actors of the past decade, and it was an amazing experience to interview him. I can truly say that this is one of the best interviews I have ever done.

Editor's Note: McClain has conducted over 30 interviews on his own, including one with Mindy Smith that was published in our September issue.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

lovejoy said...
Nov. 18, 2009 at 7:40 am:
icecube he just keep ot real he been through it all and he is a great rapper hope i could be on the stage with him in the future! bartow fl 863 polk