Interview with Teacher Deepika G. | Teen Ink

Interview with Teacher Deepika G.

April 21, 2008
By Anonymous

1. Do you enjoy your current job? Why or why not?

I love my current job. It gives me the opportunity to stay at home and be with my kids along with having my own personal identity and a chance to learn new things every day

2. Have you had any previous jobs, if so what were they?

Yes, I was a technical recruiter and before that I was an assistant professor

3. If so what is different about this job and the others?

I loved the assistant professor job as it allowed me to be with the younger generation. I used to feel as if I was as young as my students. It was an ever-progressing job with learning at each step. Since I was teaching economics, I was up to date with world affairs. The recruiting job had a different feel for me, with one major similarity. I still got to meet lots of different kinds of people, but in a different perspective. It was no longer teaching but in a recruiting perspective. It was a fun job but very time consuming.

4. Is there anything you would like to change about your job?

I would like to expand into other subjects and age groups

5. How has your job impacted your life?

It actually makes my life interesting and more organized, as my kids have to follow my schedule and it sets up a ridged schedule for all of us

6. Would you like your children to follow in your footsteps?

No. My current job is part time and I am doing this as a hobby. Unfortunately, this does not pay enough to support a family.

7. When did you decide to do this job?

I had moved out of the country and could not pursue my previous job, which was my favorite. And since my current job is much closer and slightly similar in nature, I decided to start this 5 years back.

8. What advice would you give to anyone who wants to go into your career?

Not much, just that they should more age group specific.